Canon G3 or Olympus C5050?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyap

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
If the price of the G3 and C 5050 is the same which one is a better camera to buy?

Understand both the cameras should hit the stores by mid November.

I would want to check out the performance in terms of autofocus times, shutter lag and file write times before making a decision.

that you will have to wait for the detailed reviews.... actually G3 is 4MP while 5050 is 5MP it's kinda wrong catagorey... :D
but still.... 5050 has a AF assist lamp... sounds cool but usefullness is still dependent... actually alot of things on the 5050 is simmilar to the G3.... 5050 having a bright f1.8 lense.... and G3 has f2.0 lense.... the 5050 has 4 medai types.... CF I / II MircoDrives Up to 1GB and Smart media... and xD-Picture card! kinda alot :D both have swivel LCD's.....

but still we have to wait for the detailed comparison....

I'm pretty sure the standard comparison of color reproduction will still be present: 5050z will most likely retain the Olympus-characteristic "more real" colors. G3 will most likely retain Canon's "more vivid/nicer" colors.

From dpreview, saw a lot of ppl complaining abt G3 saying it too soft and some other problems. Maybe it's their unit having problem but it seems that G3 aren't tat good as I've expected. I probably go for the C5050 for now.

You guys can wait for 5050 to reach SG and then go down to 2 one of the store and have a hands-on comparison. Tell us the result and post it here. ;p

IF only olympus can come out a DSLR that has Canon mount. heh. still love the price n features of Olympus. Cheap and good.

Status
Not open for further replies.