Canon G2 (non-Canon) Accessories


Status
Not open for further replies.

quackaroo

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
373
0
0
37
Singapore
www.illumn.com
What are the Canon G2 (non-Canon) Accessories ava? (other than the step up/down rings)
Is there a webby?
 

quackaroo

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
373
0
0
37
Singapore
www.illumn.com
yeps! all of it!. other than the ones that are designed by canon specificially for the G2.

thanks folks in adv.!
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,573
0
0
Snoopyland
Hmmm... quite a lot leh. Batteries, adaptor tube, filters, TC, closeup, flash, bag, cleaning kit, tripod... etc etc.
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,573
0
0
Snoopyland
I've got an Oly B300 TC. $280 and gotten it from AP at SLS.
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,573
0
0
Snoopyland
Originally posted by quackaroo
ziplock: does the B300 produce shadows in the corners?
Oh... those shadows at the corners are call vignetting and are caused by the cemera seeing the lens barrel. For G2 at wideangle, yes there is vignetting (and so does the original canon TC for G2). At telephoto, no visible vignetting.
 

mooks85

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
198
0
0
45
www.pbase.com
Try not to get the original canon adaptor... it block the flash... :(
 

Goondu

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,292
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by mooks85
Try not to get the original canon adaptor... it block the flash... :(
Get an external flash, 420EX or even 550EX ;)
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,573
0
0
Snoopyland
Originally posted by quackaroo
ahs i see. uve got some pictures to show taken with a G2+B300?
Hi quackaroo,

The following picture was taken with the B300. This shot was purposely left in a gray tone to express the depressing mood of a gloomy day, but I think you can see fairly clear that there is no obvious vignetting at the corners (at least to my eyes). I'll try and see if I can find other pics with blue sky that was taken with it (most of the pics I can remember taken with it are night shots, and the others I couldn't really remember whether I used the B300).

 

Mystix

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
749
0
16
41
Planet Earth
Visit site
Originally posted by ziploc


Oh... those shadows at the corners are call vignetting and are caused by the cemera seeing the lens barrel. For G2 at wideangle, yes there is vignetting (and so does the original canon TC for G2). At telephoto, no visible vignetting.
ermm need to clarify some terms here... coz always confused by them
wideangle means when the lens are not zoomed correct?
telephoto means zoomed or zoomed at max distanced?
so that means if u put the b300 on but u never zoom u will get vignetting?
 

ziploc

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,573
0
0
Snoopyland
Originally posted by Mystix


ermm need to clarify some terms here... coz always confused by them
wideangle means when the lens are not zoomed correct?
telephoto means zoomed or zoomed at max distanced?
so that means if u put the b300 on but u never zoom u will get vignetting?
Wideangle is at shorter focal length (eg. 28mm) and has wider picture angle, meaning "zooming out" and you can take more of the scene.

Telephoto is at longer focal length (eg. 200mm) and has narrow picture angle, meaning "zooming in" and you can take lesser of the scene.

For more info on the relation of focal length to image size and image angle, see this link. For a graphical view, see this link.

If you put on the B300 but leave the camera at wideangle, because of the wider picture angle the camera will see the lens barrel of the B300 hence causing vignetting.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.