Canon G12

is it worth the wait for the G13? i'm going to sweden in august and i'll be needing a camera then.

as of now, i can get it on amazon and get my aunty from the states to bring it back with her (early june). all in, it should be SGD623. do you guys think its worth it?

The G series usually follows a one year timeline. The G12 was announced in September 2010 so the G13 (under normal circumstances) should be announced around the same time in 2011. However, because of the disaster in Japan, the normal schedule no longer applies. The DSLR lenses that Canon announced several months ago, are still under delay status.

The G12 is a very good compact camera. I have the G11 and I am very happy with it. The differences between the G11 and G12 are not significant. Same for the differences between the G10 and G11. I would be very surprised if this pattern changes between the G12 and G13.

I would suggest that you go ahead with your plans to buy the G12 from Amazon. Should you ever change your mind, you can always sell the G12 on the B&S and buy the G13 when it comes to market.

hey guys, just participated in PPP for G12 on Friday 13 may. Just wanna ask how long did u guys wait to get your G12 (for those who participated in PPP of course. heh.)? :)

Dear All,

Why go so far to buy ? I just bought mine G12 with a 8G card, pouch, screen protector from Kajang, Selengor (Not far from KL) for S$570. I'm fisrt attracted by the LX5. The salesman is kind enough to allow me to try all cams in the similar price catergory, namely the Nikon P7100, the LX5 , the Oly XZ-1. Honestly, I still felt G12 tops all others, b4I fork out my hard saved money.

Anyone know what is the price for this item now ?