Canon FTb lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PostCode

May 31, 2002
Oregon, USA
I've got an old Canon FTb which I just had cleaned and some parts replaced on it. It's working great now. I want to give the camera to my daughter but I would like to purchase a few additional lenses for it. Right now it has a 35mm on it. As I understand it, it takes FD based lenses. Can I use any FD lenses or do I need to find lenses specific to this mount? I am only interested in purchasing a few cheaper lenses on ebay for the camera as this is for a 14 year old girl and will probably get littleuse or harsh use. Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by PostCode
I've got an old Canon FTb which I just had cleaned and some parts replaced on it. It's working great now. I want to give the camera to my daughter but I would like to purchase a few additional lenses for it. Right now it has a 35mm on it. As I understand it, it takes FD based lenses. Can I use any FD lenses or do I need to find lenses specific to this mount? I am only interested in purchasing a few cheaper lenses on ebay for the camera as this is for a 14 year old girl and will probably get littleuse or harsh use. Any help is appreciated.

Off topic, where did you get your camera serviced and parts replaced? If by others, how much it costs to have it working again? I do have a FTb camera which my dad gave to me some time back.

Appreciate your reply. :)

Originally posted by PostCode

The FTb uses the older Canon FD-mount lenses, any of the old manual FD-mount lenses should work. But the new EOS-mount lenses won't. And FD-mount lenses are cheap. :)

Regards
CK

I had it serviced at a local place. It's a good company that gave me a break because of all the business I do with them. I only paid $35 for everything (he only charged me for parts). It was working originally, but needed a tuneup real bad. The camera really needed a clenning more than anything else.The camera was working originaly but the image quality was poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.