rt7snap

Dec 26, 2005
when you got a new camera, canon gave a free training at :

The Canon Digital Lab is located at:
Canon-Digital Media Hub (Canon-DMH)
2nd Floor
750 Victoria Street
Singapore 188062

anyone attended?does the training talk specifically about your model of camera, (i got a 350D) or is it a generic photopgraphy training.

anyone attended before?

More specific for 350D, but it does give a few tips on general photography for newbies :)

rt7snap said:
when you got a new camera, canon gave a free training at :

The Canon Digital Lab is located at:
Canon-Digital Media Hub (Canon-DMH)
2nd Floor
750 Victoria Street
Singapore 188062

anyone attended?does the training talk specifically about your model of camera, (i got a 350D) or is it a generic photopgraphy training.

anyone attended before?

Just bought a EOS 350D during Xmas...... Am I eligible for the course? Do I need to pay to attend? Cathay Photo didn't exactly tell me about the course......

They are supposed to give you a voucher for the free training.. If you don't got it, go down to HarbourFront Canon showroom with you warranty card and invoice to collect..

Shadowfax said:
Just bought a EOS 350D during Xmas...... Am I eligible for the course? Do I need to pay to attend? Cathay Photo didn't exactly tell me about the course......

Free training is only for PnS cameras IIRC. TechMage can confirm this?

www.canon.com.sg said:
What can you learn?
Basic Digital Still camera techniques course
This 2-hour course will teach you the basic camera operation and techniques on how to capture sharp, clear and interesting pictures.

Basic Canon Digital SLR classes are also available at $80 per person. You will learn the basic techniques of using a digital SLR and how to apply it with your Canon EOS. Click here to register.

Training is only available for purchases in Singapore only.

+evenstar said:

for DSLR,PnS and Video cam all hv training course.. but in diff category...

It is free for all PnS cameras (IXUS and Powershot) and Camcorder purchased and redeem within 4 months from date of purchase, current models only.

The EOS class is normally charged at $80 per person.
Canon gives a voucher to off-set that $80 for EOS 350D and 20D DSLRs purchased during promotional period. You should have 1 when you collect your freebies at harbour front. If you haven't got 1 come down to our lab with warranty card and purchase receipt.

Promotional period is between 31 Nov to 26 Dec 2005 and current promo from 30 Dec 2005 to 31 Jan 2006. 350D and 20D DSLRs purchased during those period get the training voucher.

The courseware is tuned to cater for beginners to photography or first time SLR camera owners. It will cover basic photograhy principle and introductory to digital photography.
The course itself is not a specific product training. Questions regarding specific EOS camera can be discussed.

Topics covered in this course is as follows.

Introduction to Canon DSLR

Basic Photography Principle
Exposure modes of the EOS cameras
Aperture and shutter speed control
Depth field and Motion control.
Lenses and Angle of view
Color Balancing
Resolution and Compression
Flash Photography

Composition

Using Canon imaging software
- Arcsoft Photo studio
- Zoombrowser EX
- Digital Photo Professional Overview
- Photo stitching
- Photo Record

Equipment Tips and Maintenance

No.. There is also free training for 350D and 20D..

+evenstar said:

jeryltan said:
No.. There is also free training for 350D and 20D..

For 350D and 20D purchased during promotional period, offset with given training voucher.
So can say is it is "free" in a way.

I bought my EOS 350D during July 05 on the so called "promotion period" but was not given any free course. I check with Canon and they wanted to charge me $80. The shop also did not give me any voucher to offset the course fee.:dunno:

Bro.. The promo period was Nov. onwards leh..

tc811 said:
I bought my EOS 350D during July 05 on the so called "promotion period" but was not given any free course. I check with Canon and they wanted to charge me $80. The shop also did not give me any voucher to offset the course fee.:dunno:

I said there is free training for 350D and 20D and there definitely is, please go read TechMage post again.. But I missed out the fact that it was only during the promo period, ie. Nov ~.. So you can fault me for forgetting to mention that but your statement on trying to act smart is offensive..

ZeusS said:
I think you can't go wrong with TechMage's info... So, don't try to be too smart :)

jeryltan said:
Bro.. The promo period was Nov. onwards leh..

But when I purchased tat period, the sales told me is promotion period and can get free 1 gb cf card which i had redeemed from Canon. So is promo or not?:dunno:

Canon runs different promos at different times.. The 1GB card promo has been there for a while, but the free training promo. was only about the Nov. or Dec.~ time frame..

tc811 said:
But when I purchased tat period, the sales told me is promotion period and can get free 1 gb cf card which i had redeemed from Canon. So is promo or not?:dunno:

Ok...let me throw in a towel here.

Guys, take it easy, not need to get agitated here.

Not everyone knows my working status with Canon, I am advised not to advertise that.

So don't blame jeryltan or others for not knowing. If anyone doubt my info, customers can always call canon singapore or canon lab or check the official website.

Anyone having operational problem with their Canon camera is most welcome to drop in to our lab for advise. We'll do our best to solve it within our knowledge.

I have provided enough information regarding free training and promo related to free training. Do read through ALL previous replies to get a clear picture.

So, i suggest moderator/s you to lock this up to stop any more issues. Anyone still not sure, do PM me or call our lab.

Thank you for all your support to keep the Lab going.

Bro.. I'm using a RC1 remote with my 350D.. Is it possible to use the remote to take a picture immediately rather than wait 3 secs? I've looked through the manual but it doesn't mention anything about it being possible.. Just checking 'cos I can do it with my D70s :D BTW, you the one who conducted the DC20 training that I attended on the 21st?

TechMage said:
Ok...let me throw in a towel here.

Guys, take it easy, not need to get agitated here.

Not everyone knows my working status with Canon, I am advised not to advertise that.

So don't blame jeryltan or others for not knowing. If anyone doubt my info, customers can always call canon singapore or canon lab or check the official website.

Anyone having operational problem with their Canon camera is most welcome to drop in to our lab for advise. We'll do our best to solve it within our knowledge.

I have provided enough information regarding free training and promo related to free training. Do read through ALL previous replies to get a clear picture.

So, i suggest moderator/s you to lock this up to stop any more issues. Anyone still not sure, do PM me or call our lab.

Thank you for all your support to keep the Lab going.

You are right.. And the info. he has provided is that there is free training for 350D and 20D purchased during the promo period.. Yah, I admit that I failed to mention about the promo period thingy in my earlier post but my statement on having free training for 350D and 20D is not wrong.. Maybe I clarify myself.. I was replying to ShadowFax.. He say he bought his cam during Christmas, which should be within the promo period and he should've gotten the voucher for the free training.. So my reply was more specifically for him.. Which is why I made the mistake of not specifying the promo period for free training, because that reply was meant only for him.. Anywayz, I shall not comment furthur.. For more info. please contact DMH..

+evenstar said:
Eh...TechMage is training manager at Digital Media Hub...so info he provides about training should be reliable...:)

jeryltan said:
BTW, you the one who conducted the DC20 training that I attended on the 21st?

Nope. DC20 training taught by my assistant. I train less of video more on EOS and Powershot Cams.

Status
Not open for further replies.