singapore, serangoon
melicacy.com
SpeedLite 220EX S$280.00

SpeedLite 420EX S$450.00

SpeedLite 550EX S$860.00

SpeedLite 580EX S$929.00

Speedlite 430EX
S$599.00

hey are there any websites to check out wad're their differences and comparism?
like the functions n all

Buying flash is the simplest of all things in DSLR system.

Wats ur budget? just get the best u can afford. Flash is not like lens. Lens maybe very good, sharp and with vibration reduction, but its heavy and pricey.

But for flash, their weight are almost the same, except that as u pay more, u get more functions and longer shooting range.

Just get the 580ex and u wont bother comparing ur flash with others.

basically i dont need so many functions, like how to adjust the settings and all
just nid an external flash so i dont have to figure how to cover the direct flash without having too flat pics and all that.
just nidda flash to bounce off walls and ceilings.
so u're tryna say if i get the cheapest one its just the functions and shooting range that differs from the more expensive ones?
how about flash power n all that.

so u're tryna say if i get the cheapest one its just the functions and shooting range that differs from the more expensive ones?

yes, as simple as that. its not so complicated.Extra functions that the more ex flash has is eg. stroboscopic effect: fire many flashes in 1 second.
the shooting range is affected by the flash power, and the 580EX can shoot a much longer distance than the 420EX.

And also the more ex flash 580EX allow u to connect an external battery pack to it, so that it can recharge faster (almost instantly), but the lower end 420EX can't...

And the packaging for the 580EX comes with more items than the 420Ex..

As for bounching off the ceiling, for normal hdb flat room ceiling height, all the flashes can do it..

basically i dont need so many functions, like how to adjust the settings and all
just nid an external flash so i dont have to figure how to cover the direct flash without having too flat pics and all that.
just nidda flash to bounce off walls and ceilings.

In that case, just get a 2nd hand 420ex. Does everything you need, can swivel and tilt. It's idiot proof(there's almost NOTHING you can switch on the flash besides high speed sync and slave on and off) and you can control outout via your cam body (via FEC - provided you're not using a 300D)
The best part is you can get one for about $250.

y canon flash much exp then nikon one arr.... why arr???

not only flash, majority of their lenses (same function, same apeture, same range) and also their accessories cost more than nikon ones.

the strange thing is that: Even if their things are so ex and even though nikon offer equivalent quality items at lower cost, so many ppl still chose canon. Maybe many ppl just fell for their marketing? And to make ppl fall into their marketing, they got to heavily invest in advertisements, hire maria sharapova to endorse their products "Powershot, a great shot always! :bsmilie: "etc etc..

not only flash, majority of their lenses (same function, same apeture, same range) and also their accessories cost more than nikon ones.

the strange thing is that: Even if their things are so ex and even though nikon offer equivalent quality items at lower cost, so many ppl still chose canon. Maybe many ppl just fell for their marketing? And to make ppl fall into their marketing, they got to heavily invest in advertisements, hire maria sharapova to endorse their products "Powershot, a great shot always! :bsmilie: "etc etc..

you're making me feel very cheated.

LOL.

okay thanks guys for the advices and comments!

430 ex is abt 460 SGD now.

In that case, just get a 2nd hand 420ex. Does everything you need, can swivel and tilt. It's idiot proof(there's almost NOTHING you can switch on the flash besides high speed sync and slave on and off) and you can control outout via your cam body (via FEC - provided you're not using a 300D)
The best part is you can get one for about $250.

hi..where can i buy 2nd hand flash?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.