Canon EOS300D is now available in Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Well-respected sources have revealed that stocks of the Canon EOS300D is now available for sale from the local retailers starting from 18 September 2003 (well, its a bit late to go down now, but I am sure some of you will try ;) )

Stocks will be limited (understand the retailers may only be fulfilling their wait/pre-order lists) ... but you can try your luck. At the very least, you can check out the camera and see how it performs.

Kit pricing with lens is estimated at S$19xx (+/- S$50).

Darren said:
Well-respected sources have revealed that stocks of the Canon EOS300D is now available for sale from the local retailers starting from 18 September 2003 (well, its a bit late to go down now, but I am sure some of you will try ;) )

Stocks will be limited (understand the retailers may only be fulfilling their wait/pre-order lists) ... but you can try your luck. At the very least, you can check out the camera and see how it performs.

Kit pricing with lens is estimated at S$19xx (+/- S$50).

Hmm...the price is actually pretty ok for a DSLR WITH LENS!!!!! buy buy buy!! hehehe
:bsmilie:

I am thinking about this and the sony f828... wait till I get hands on the f828... ;p

denizenx said:
I am thinking about this and the sony f828... wait till I get hands on the f828... ;p

i personally don't think there is much of a fight if they are about the same price; how much is the 828?

How lucky are Canon users! My first DSLR costed me 3.8k (still happy that time and now). Enjoy your new weapon, and make good use of it!

I happened to saw it at john 3:16 on 18th sept.
Sellling $1850. Will drop wan....
But the feel is ok...just like my Eos 300 loh....

ST1100 said:
i personally don't think there is much of a fight if they are about the same price; how much is the 828?

Well, there can be a fight depending on what you want.

If you want overall convenience, then the F828 is a good bet. At 28-200/2.8 lens, it is very convenient. You'll have to carry 2 lenses with your 300D to get that convenience, at a total weight of 50% more than the F828, with the bother of juggling lenses.

If you want low noise at > ISO100, then the DSLRs are the only bet. All prosumers up till now ( and most likely, the F828 as well) , no matter how high end, give noisy images when the ISO goes above 200. In this case, the 300D wins hands down.

I have both a G3 and a 300D. I know which I'll pick when I want convenience, and which when I want lower noise and more flexibility.

Just out of curiosity, I got a e-quote from www.bargaincity.com.sg @ S$1799 nett inclusive of 18-55mm lens. It's also offering free delivery and a special promotional offer for the IBM microdrive at S$315 nett.

Other special offers for the Canon EOS300D include an OEM compatible battery at $28 nett

Hope this helps :)

bargaincity's price is ok - very competitive with what the shops offer. for battery, Eastgear has probably the best deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.