Canon EOS1Ds to be announced at Photokina?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
News flying around the other online forums right now:-

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/viewtopic.php?TopicID=11281

Info on DPReview pulled out of forums (censored?)

Some text gleaned from Canon Europe website before someone noticed the "leak":-

==============================
Canon Consumer Imaging

Photokina marks the 15-year anniversary of EOS as a brand. Canon is announcing two new EOS models at the show - the world's highest resolution Pro-camera, the EOS 1Ds and the EOS 300V, which is predicted to become the world’s number 1 selling SLR camera.

The EOS-1Ds features the first ever full frame 35mm CMOS sensor with 11.1 million effective pixels. The EOS-1Ds capture astounding detail & colour, almost doubling the resolution ordinarily considered state of the art for a digital SLR camera in the world today.*

Also new this year are three digital still cameras, all featuring the new high performance DIGital Imaging Core (DIGIC) processor. One of the trio, the Digital IXUS v3, is claiming the position as the world’s smallest 3.2 Megapixel digital camera with optical zoom and LCD monitor.*

Along with the new additions to the camera line up, Canon is announcing Canon Imaging Gateway (CIG), a digital imaging web site, which Canon Europe sees as the vital missing link in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) by creating a one-on-one communication channel to consumer users.

The online solution will allow users to download updates for their digital cameras, in much the same way that mobile phone users download personalised ring-tones. CIG also offers other services online, such as photo albums, photo-printing.

===================================

At this point in time, it remains a rumor, but an interesting and partly verified rumor nonetheless.......

Hi

sounds like a winner to me, if it comes to pass......... :) :D

i'm more interested in the fact that

1) it's supposed to be a CMOS sensor (like the D30) instead of a CCD sensor

2) it's supposed to be full frame

than the fact it's supposed to be 11.1 megapixels.

RD, it's right for u. If no cropping, u get a full-frame, if cropping, u get more than a D60. It will not be as fast as 1D, but it's a killer camera for studio and general purpose shooting.

Prepare your bloody $$$$ :devil: :D :devil:

;p

Originally posted by mylau
;p
:bsmilie:

I'm preparing my bloody $$$$ for a second hand 1D from now on...:devil:

RD, time to go back to digital! :p

Woooo...full frame sensor...dun need to invest in ultra-wide angle lenses any more!!!

Originally posted by zapp!
Woooo...full frame sensor...dun need to invest in ultra-wide angle lenses any more!!!

...but we'll have to kiss the 1.X multiplier for telephoto purposes goodbye too...

Well, nothing's perfect! Rejoice! We have a new 'King' on the throne! ;)

Originally posted by AdamGoi

...but we'll have to kiss the 1.X multiplier for telephoto purposes goodbye too...

Well, nothing's perfect! Rejoice! We have a new 'King' on the throne! ;)

IF the rumour is true, that is...

as for the 1.X multiplier, no problem. Just get a D60 or 1D as a second body to the 1DS and you have a free multiplier for those times when you really need it. plus, u can attach a different lens to each body............... :devil: :D :rbounce: ;p

11+ megapixels!! Big! REALLY BIG! Computer cannot take it. Crop the edges and still have lots of pixels left. Telephoto lens can throw away liao!

Originally posted by Klause
Anyone selling 2nd hand EOS1D? hehehe

EOS 1D for sale. Anyone wants to preorder? It will be available after I have purchased the EOS 1Ds. You have to preorder and give me the money first. I will pass the 1D to you after I have bought 1Ds. :devil: :D

EOS 1D for sale. Anyone wants to preorder? It will be available after I have purchased the EOS 1Ds. You have to preorder and give me the money first. I will pass the 1D to you after I have bought 1Ds. :devil: :D
I place $1... ;p

I believe Adam will be interested :p

hehhehhahahhahaaaa.......
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey! We need 5 gig microdrives for this puppy! I think even pentium IV 2800Mhz does not have enough power to process the images fast enough!

Hey! We need 5 gig microdrives for this puppy! I think even pentium IV 2800Mhz does not have enough power to process the images fast enough!

S2 Pro already has 12Mp images.
Scans from a humble Coolscan IV are also 12Mp+ while the LS-4000 is quite a bit more...

I process and print using a P3-500@585 and don't find it frustratingly slow etc. But then, I have so few keepers that are actually worthy of processing/printing....

Computing technology is in for a major update. They'll be able to handle these new DSLRs with ease.

Nanotechnology is upon us.
HP

10GHz Intels coming soon...
Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.