Canon EOS R6

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Is this useful to solve the problem described?

Credit: Brett Carlsen in his Youtube video

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Maybe can give feedback to Canon to solve this problem in a future firmware update.
It is software driven and Canon can definitely do it, if they want to.
I surfed some sites and other users had reported the same issue.
What baffles me is that during the extensive pre-release testing of the R5 and R6, it seems none of the Canon ambassadors or selected professionals gave feedback to Canon on this aspect.
Maybe they did, but Canon ignored the feedback because there were too many decisions to make on what to include and what to exclude in these new products.
With robust user feedback, Canon can fine tune the software driven features, later on.

Last edited:

fxsgsc

Jun 10, 2017
Singapore
Hi, I don't earn a living out of camera but intend to upgrade my APSC A6300 to FF. I 'm shifting to video focus, so my requirement is at least 4K60p 10bit video.
Can I ask a qns? When i google, R6 listed price is US2499 (Body) but when i search Canon sg, its listed as S$3999? Why additional $500?

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
Hi, I don't earn a living out of camera but intend to upgrade my APSC A6300 to FF. I 'm shifting to video focus, so my requirement is at least 4K60p 10bit video.
Can I ask a qns? When i google, R6 listed price is US2499 (Body) but when i search Canon sg, its listed as S$3999? Why additional $500?
Local warranty and other uplifts in Singapore markt. Secondly, do check the various camera shops, street price is usually lower than Canon website.
Do watch out for import sets (grey sets) - they are cheaper but don't have local warranty. Which means: Canon SG Service center won't entertain you at all.

fxsgsc

Jun 10, 2017
Singapore
Local warranty and other uplifts in Singapore markt. Secondly, do check the various camera shops, street price is usually lower than Canon website.
Do watch out for import sets (grey sets) - they are cheaper but don't have local warranty. Which means: Canon SG Service center won't entertain you at all.
Thanks.
Hmm... thats alot of uplifts, >$500.
Sony a7C US1.8K local price s$2499 which is about right, not much uplifts.

Guess i've to give up R6 as its out of my budget.

Mythmaker

Oct 8, 2011
Singapore
Canon SG entertains parallel import, but at a 1.3x (service charge) rate. It's written on their website:

https://sg.canon/en/consumer/web/support-servicecharges

Thanks.
Hmm... thats alot of uplifts, >$500.
Sony a7C US1.8K local price s$2499 which is about right, not much uplifts.

Guess i've to give up R6 as its out of my budget.
You can facebook message the usual shops like SLRR and MS COLOR.

Don't bother messaging T K Foto, because they have a website/shopee/lazada. Hence, they cannot sell below Canon stated minimum price publicly.

Anyway the uplift isn't $500+, in fact it's less than $300. $2499 USD * 1.07 GST * 1.4 = $3743 SGD. Not that far off from the $3950 some shops were selling during pre order.

Maybe can give feedback to Canon to solve this problem in a future firmware update.
It is software driven and Canon can definitely do it, if they want to.
I surfed some sites and other users had reported the same issue.
What baffles me is that during the extensive pre-release testing of the R5 and R6, it seems none of the Canon ambassadors or selected professionals gave feedback to Canon on this aspect.
Maybe they did, but Canon ignored the feedback because there were too many decisions to make on what to include and what to exclude in these new products.
With robust user feedback, Canon can fine tune the software driven features, later on.
Will drop them an email :)

Last edited:

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris