Canon EOS D60 for US$2,200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.ckphoto.net
Dpreview.com has reported that, according to a reliable Canadian source, the list price of the Canon EOS D60 will be around $3,500 CDN, which works out to be about US$2,200. This is a lot lower than the US$2,999 originally quoted in the Canon press release.

Read More

This is exciting... hope the D100 drops dramatically too...

Oh great, from the rife rumour forums of DPReview.. sure..

Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

I would normally read through these rumours thoroughly and rate the authenticity and decide how much salt I should take...

Well... it's my job anyway to do it.... :)

Originally posted by ckiang

This is not from the forums, this is from Askey himself.

Regards
CK

Whoops, I read it "from the forums". Hehe.

Originally posted by willyfoo
Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

Sound like someone I know
Ohh..... it YS.....

Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess I have to fly home to Canada! Mmmm DSLR...
Just gotta wait for all the reviews. So many choices! Its amazing

Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...

Originally posted by willyfoo
This is exciting... hope the D100 drops dramatically too...

Originally posted by erwinx
Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...

dun forget....add another few hundred dollars for Nikon Capture - apparently Nikon likes to sell their software for the camera separately.......

Originally posted by tomshen
Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year :cry: :cry: :cry:

4.5? I was hoping for 4 :D

Great hope for D60. Rumors are now rife that there are shops offering it for US$1999 body only.

That translate to $3600 local.

Dunno anyone on the same line as me but I was wondering whether D30 would still be in production and much lowered in price....

If D30 can be had for less than $2k would be great and certainly can live with its shortcomings :)

wah lau where to find money for d30!!!! sell blood also not enough leh....

Originally posted by eadwine
wah lau where to find money for d30!!!! sell blood also not enough leh....
Errr. don't sell blood lor!

Go sell your backside.... I'm sure it will fetch more then your blood!

Status
Not open for further replies.