Canon EOS D60 for US$2,200?


Status
Not open for further replies.

ckiang

Senior Member
#1
Dpreview.com has reported that, according to a reliable Canadian source, the list price of the Canon EOS D60 will be around $3,500 CDN, which works out to be about US$2,200. This is a lot lower than the US$2,999 originally quoted in the Canon press release.

Read More
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#3
Oh great, from the rife rumour forums of DPReview.. sure..
 

willyfoo

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,048
0
0
43
North
willyfoo.com
#6
Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

I would normally read through these rumours thoroughly and rate the authenticity and decide how much salt I should take...

Well... it's my job anyway to do it.... :)
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
#7
Originally posted by ckiang


This is not from the forums, this is from Askey himself.

Regards
CK
Whoops, I read it "from the forums". Hehe.
 

Bluestrike

Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
4,784
0
0
41
There lor~
bluestrike.clubsnap.org
#8
Originally posted by willyfoo
Guess what... go back to the link again and you'll find that they've posted a receipt from a reader pre-ordering the camera at that price...

I guess we shouldn't just be biased against certain forums/sites and just dismiss everything they say as rumours... of course some might be false, but there are many rumours that may be true as well. We should of course learn to take rumours with a pinch of salt... or it's from a more dubious source, a tablespoon of salt.

Sound like someone I know
Ohh..... it YS.....
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#9
Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year :cry: :cry: :cry:
 

B

Bedpan

Guest
#10
I guess I have to fly home to Canada! Mmmm DSLR...
Just gotta wait for all the reviews. So many choices! Its amazing
 

erwinx

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,423
0
0
Visit site
#11
Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...


Originally posted by willyfoo
This is exciting... hope the D100 drops dramatically too...
 

Red Dawn

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,464
1
38
Singapore
www.5stonesphoto.com
#12
Originally posted by erwinx
Add $600-700 for a dedicated speedlight since SB-26/28 no longer work in ttl mode with the D100.... whereas I guess you can use a $55 achiever flash with a D60 in full TTL.

Wonder why Fuji is keeping so silent...
dun forget....add another few hundred dollars for Nikon Capture - apparently Nikon likes to sell their software for the camera separately.......
 

Jason Ho

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,251
0
36
46
jasonho.clubsnap.org
#13
Originally posted by tomshen
Anyone here wanna take action if D60 is less than 4.5k? Probably we can initiate a mass ordering together.

Pls Canon, make it less than 4.5K... otherwise i will have to wait for another half year :cry: :cry: :cry:
4.5? I was hoping for 4 :D
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
43
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
#14
Great hope for D60. Rumors are now rife that there are shops offering it for US$1999 body only.

That translate to $3600 local.
 

Mar 20, 2002
293
0
16
40
Hill View
www.ntu.edu.sg
#18
Dunno anyone on the same line as me but I was wondering whether D30 would still be in production and much lowered in price....

If D30 can be had for less than $2k would be great and certainly can live with its shortcomings :)
 

eadwine

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
1,937
0
0
38
east side
#19
wah lau where to find money for d30!!!! sell blood also not enough leh....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom