Canon EOS 88 kit for $299

Status
Not open for further replies.

westman

Apr 8, 2004
Hi guys,
Can I find out from you guys that whether is it worth getting a Canon EOS 88 SLR body with 35-80mm Lens Kit at $299? It's a brand new set with warranty. Also is this also known as EOS 3000?? Please advice.. Thanks

i am currently using this cam. this is a rather old model. i got it about 4 years ago for $500. kit lens quite acceptable. this is the basic model for canon eos film lineup. it has served my needs as a student taking photog as a hobby well. only gripes is that the X-sync speed is 1/90s and the AF assist lamp on the body will overide those on external flashes. even canon's own flashes.

if you really want it new get it. if not get a 2nd hand one... less than 200 can get..

glyuen said:
i am currently using this cam. this is a rather old model. i got it about 4 years ago for $500. kit lens quite acceptable. this is the basic model for canon eos film lineup. it has served my needs as a student taking photog as a hobby well. only gripes is that the X-sync speed is 1/90s and the AF assist lamp on the body will overide those on external flashes. even canon's own flashes.

if you really want it new get it. if not get a 2nd hand one... less than 200 can get..

where to get a cheap film body, short of going to cash exchange? i feel like shooting film every now and then. but, my wife's SLR is pentax. so i can't use my EF lens.

nightwolf75 said:
where to get a cheap film body, short of going to cash exchange? i feel like shooting film every now and then. but, my wife's SLR is pentax. so i can't use my EF lens.
Can try 2nd hand shops such as TCW, last time saw lots of EOS 50/50e on the shelves there going from ard $300+. Or you can search thru CS buy sell for a 2nd hand film body such as EOS 300 or EOS 88, sometimes going as low as $200 or slightly below.

Garion said:
Can try 2nd hand shops such as TCW, last time saw lots of EOS 50/50e on the shelves there going from ard $300+. Or you can search thru CS buy sell for a 2nd hand film body such as EOS 300 or EOS 88, sometimes going as low as $200 or slightly below.

thanks, garion! yup, saw the cams at TCW too. a bit too pricey for me, esp since i only shoot film when my hands are itcy (now got this itch to shoot black and white)... :bsmilie: was looking for a simple film body for ard $100+. looks like i've go to cash exchange! :(

nightwolf75 said:
thanks, garion! yup, saw the cams at TCW too. a bit too pricey for me, esp since i only shoot film when my hands are itcy (now got this itch to shoot black and white)... :bsmilie: was looking for a simple film body for ard $100+. looks like i've go to cash exchange! :(

Camera condition @ Cash Exchange is not so good.....

Belle&Sebastain said:
cash exchange = cash converter??? :dunno:

oppss. yup. dats the place. was thinking of dropping by on fri with a lens to test.

therat - yeah. gawd... i've seen the condition of their cams b4. buyers beware lah. anyway, i no urgent need to shoot B&W. still can use my wife's pentax.

Status
Not open for further replies.