Canon EOS 80D

Me me me me me. Though I havent really shot much in the recent 2-3 weeks. Way too busy with father duties!

What's wrong with Sony's skin tone? Care to elaborate more about the issue you have with A7?
I am a Sony user and so far I am happy with portrait pictures from A7ii.

I am a long time canon user since the film days of FD series.
Then 4 years ago, i tried Pentax, M43 Pana & Oly and Fuji.....apart from each system good points, I went back to Canon.

I do some events and shoot blog shop shoots and many clients told me they preferred my old camera. and you can tell the skin tones are beautiful and fabric color are much more accurate...which is very important for fashion shops.
I mean you can edit....but why bother when the camera does it right ! alot less work to do.

Oly and fuji are 'famous' for their vibrant color....but the color are not accurate...pretty much exagerrated

IMHO

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. Truth is I spent the past year on and off deciding whether to come back to Canon.

Background:

I'm not a pro... at best beginner enthusiast... Years back I had the 60D + 17-55 f2.5 + 50mm f1.4 and my main objective was portraits (casual family setting). Loved it but didn't get to travel with it much because of... well the weight.

Made a decision to move to GX7 Panasonic and a couple of similar lens. I liked it for a while... A bit like a toy then I got frustrated because it just wasn't as flexible as my Canon.

Now looking at 80D again. Mainly to shoot kids and documenting their growth.

I'm so out of touch now... Where do people go buy cameras from these days after Funan? What comparable lens are avail now for my purpose?

If you didn't like the weight, why on earth do you want to get the 80D? That's the same type, not much of a change. Have a look at the 77D (it's 80D in a smaller body, minus AF micro adjustment) and get a EF-S 24mm or EF40mm. If that's still too large, get an M5 with 22mm lens. 77D and M5 share the same batteries, so you can get both and just grab the body that fits your luggage ;)
Regarding shops you check Cathay (Peninsula Plaza) TK (Plaza Singapura), Orient Photo (SLS, L6), MS Color (AMK).

Reactions: Ah Keong
Have you considered say the Canon EOS 250D or EOS M50?

If you didn't like the weight, why on earth do you want to get the 80D? That's the same type, not much of a change. Have a look at the 77D (it's 80D in a smaller body, minus AF micro adjustment) and get a EF-S 24mm or EF40mm. If that's still too large, get an M5 with 22mm lens. 77D and M5 share the same batteries, so you can get both and just grab the body that fits your luggage ;)
Regarding shops you check Cathay (Peninsula Plaza) TK (Plaza Singapura), Orient Photo (SLS, L6), MS Color (AMK).

I didn't like the weight then because was planning to travel with it. Now that my purpose is not to travel but only mainly shooting kids so totally fine with that. Will also check out the 77D and have a feel of it.

Have you considered say the Canon EOS 250D or EOS M50?

I didn't quite like how the 250D feels in my hands but that said, will def still do a comparison side by side before I decide.

Reactions: Ah Keong
I didn't quite like how the 250D feels in my hands but that said, will def still do a comparison side by side before I decide.

Have you considered EOS RP ?

When out with kids, size and weight are my most important considerations. Hard to keep up when carrying a big camera around.

My main camera nowadays is the LX100 with the 80D used only for occasions when I really need the AF and 18-135mm zoom.

Do consider!

I have the same situation, I gave up the 40D years ago, the whole set! lenses, flash, accessories and went for they Olympus mirror less

I did not get attached to Olympus and I am now looking to get back to Canon with 80D or 77D

I had so much fun using the 40D but the weight was a concern at that time and that it did not have video recording