Canon EOS 5D Mark III

cqprime

Dec 8, 2008
Singapore, Singapore
Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Canon may name the next product in this dSLR series, as either the EOS 6D or the EOS 5D Mark III. This product would succeed the current Canon EOS 5D Mark II. It may offer a 24 Megapixel sensor and dual DIGIC 4 processors. The 3-inch display may be an articulated LCD screen with 1.04 million dots. What is more, it may be touch sensitive, making it the first full-frame camera with such technology.

When it is expected: This model from Canon's stables is expected to be available before the first half of 2011 ends.

Source: http://www.pcworld.in/news/5-most-awaited-cameras-2011-43492010

anyone preparing to ditch off 5D mk II and get mk III ? i wonder how much would it cost when hit spore shores?

preparing to ditch my classic for the mark3/6D whatever. only if it has more AF points, not to keen on the touch screen though.. hehe

Dual DIGIC 4 processors means that the AF would be significantly improved. :)

Hopefully the modest pixel increase to 24mp allows for more low light improvements. :D

I hope that they continue with the 5D naming convention and make it a Mark III. ;)

I would like the articulating screen and touch sensitivity. I hope that this allows flipping through photos like an iPod. :cool:

I've been hearing rumours that Canon is preparing to make an announcement in February. Just don't know which camera.... 5D MkIII? 1Ds MIV? :dunno:

All the buzz about a MkIII is further fuelled by Vincent LaForet mentioning about a possible release in the first half of this yr.

If they improve the AF significantly I might be interested :bsmilie: if it is just a sensitivity / higher MP again upgrade .. oh well ..

Ryan

For Canon 6D : suppose have APS-H body , and would be nice to came in the market this year :))

Dual DIGIC 4 processors means that the AF would be significantly improved. :)

Nope. Digic has basically nothing to do with AF. The 5D MkIII would need dual Digic to process the 24MP files fast enough.

Yay! Waiting for 5DMII BnS prices to plummet when the mark 3 comes out then grab!!

dual digic doesnt improve AF...

Nope. Digic has basically nothing to do with AF. The 5D MkIII would need dual Digic to process the 24MP files fast enough.

Oppps... you're right. Dual digic 4 processors in the 7D help it to attain 8 FPS not an improved AF system. My mistake.

I think I'll put up my 5D II for sale soon, with this news

i promised my wife that my mk2 will die out on me before i can upgrade.:sweat:

If that's the case, you can always put out a contract on your mk2. :eek:

Once its dead, your wife will see how sad you are... :cry:

and that will open the door for the mk3! :thumbsup:

locoloco said:
I think I'll put up my 5D II for sale soon, with this news

Then what are u going to use in the meantime? Lol

Woah.. have to sell both my MkII to welcome the MkIII! Better start to save up now.

5dm2 is not limiting me in anyway now.
So, unless they can prove significant iso improvement (like 5d->5dm2)

more cross type AF points would be nice, but I'll be holding on to my mk2 since I just got it for less than 2 months only :rolleyes:

good for you.:thumbsup:

i promised my wife that my mk2 will die out on me before i can upgrade.:sweat:

Your wife can tell the diff if u donlt tell ? All same same black in color lor ;p