Canon EOS 50D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
canon_eos50d.gif
Pre-Photokina2008: No surprises to hear that Canon has launched the much anticipated EOS 50D, an upgraded version of EOS 40D. On the surface it looks almost similar to its predecessor. However, there are quite a few significant improvements; fifteen megapixel CMOS sensor, faster DIGIC 4 processor, 3.0" VGA LCD monitor with Live View mode offering 3 AF modes, ISO sensitivity expandable to 12800 and an HDMI connection for high Quality Image viewing. It also includes a new Quick Control screen which shows the most commonly used settings and Creative Auto mode for automatic focus and exposure. We're expecting to be able to bring you a full in-hands preview later today.

More...

is this for real sir?:)

How much more real does it need to be? dpreview NEVER reports rumors, and this is a Canon press release.

We only need 3 more things : availability date, price, and a review we can trust.

Hmm...can start searching Buy/Sell for 40Ds now... :bsmilie:

"Canon’s new DIGIC 4 processor is fast enough to allow up to 6.3fps continuous shooting, in bursts of up to 90 JPEGs with a UDMA card." - does that mean that the new 1D Mark IV/IIIn or 5D Mk II/7D whatever with dual Digic 4 processor can hit 12.6fps???

Last edited:
Hmm...can start searching Buy/Sell for 40Ds now... :bsmilie:

"Canon’s new DIGIC 4 processor is fast enough to allow up to 6.3fps continuous shooting, in bursts of up to 90 JPEGs with a UDMA card." - does that mean that the new 1D Mark IV/IIIn or 5D Mk II/7D whatever with dual Digic 4 processor can hit 12.6fps???
sadly no, burst rate depends on a lot of factor, sensor readout rate/shutter burst rate/mirror flap rate... etc

sadly no, burst rate depends on a lot of factor, sensor readout rate/shutter burst rate/mirror flap rate... etc

Dratz...otherwise can have Ultra Super HD movie cam :p

is it just me? or is sg always late in getting new cameras?
I rem last years comex also didn't have the 40D released then..

I don't mind the model hitting our shores a bit late. Let the initial pricing settle down first. ;)

Wonderful ...

This is real .. so let see the show whether got any surprise for us esp the replacement 5D ...

Wow... i barely got 40D only... not even 1/2 year old and 50D is coming... -_-"

Who knows canon may be shortening it to quarter or bi- yearly product cycles :bsmilie:

Hahahaha, if that happens, then those who likes to have the latest equipment will contribute to the growth of Canon Inc.

Now we can start a rumour for the 50D's successor, the 60D!

Status
Not open for further replies.