Canon EOS 50D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't record video.

Sure you can. In HD too, with the right attachment.

Attach the HDMI out to one of these:

http://createdigitalmotion.com/2007...r-hdmihd-recording-record-your-hd-gigs-in-hd/

And for those who complain about lack of articulated LCD, connect the video out to one of these:

http://www.myvu.com/

Anyone knows of a high res, monocle version that works with existing eyeglasses? We are Borg, you will be assimilated.

I heard that the 60D has a bigger screen, more megapixels and more print buttons!

I also heard that the next generation dslr had X-ray vision.....:bigeyes:

Dream further...

wa so soon since the 40d...and here we still have the ancient 5d still languishing in the corner...wtf canon?!

wa so soon since the 40d...and here we still have the ancient 5d still languishing in the corner...wtf canon?!

I'm so tempted to just reply "That is, indeed, The Question" :bsmilie:

Probably saving something for Photokina.

How much more real does it need to be? dpreview NEVER reports rumors, and this is a Canon press release.

We only need 3 more things : availability date, price, and a review we can trust.

i didnt say dpreview reports rumors whatsoever..im just asking..and besides theres no "real" needed.

i didnt say dpreview reports rumors whatsoever..im just asking..and besides theres no "real" needed.

Article points to dpreview, you asks if it is for real. Perhaps I don't understand your question, but I took it as questioning the authenticity of the news. Not knowing how well you trust dpreview, I merely state that they don't report rumors. You asked, we answered. It didn't sound like a rhetorical question. And to prevent further misunderstanding let me add that I don't understand what you mean by 'theres no "real" needed', although it sounds very Zen.

Wow... i barely got 40D only... not even 1/2 year old and 50D is coming... -_-"

Because Canon was getting hammered by Nikon, and to a smaller extent, Sony. They had to get something out fast. If anything, the 50D just brings the xxD series up to parity with the Sony/Nikon offerings.

Canon still need to come up with the Canon 5D MK2 or 3D to counter the Nikon & Sony FF bodies. I am very sure that the current 5D will be replaced by a new body in a couple of weeks. Let's keep our figures crossed.

I am using a Canon 20D and however attractive 50D is, I am waiting for a bigger upgrade by crossing over to FF. The successor to 5D will definitely incorporate most of the new features found in 50D and 99.9% will have high usable ISO images to compete with D700.

Status
Not open for further replies.