Canon EOS 50D Vs. Nikon D300

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyZilla92

Aug 7, 2009
Singapore
Need to know the pros and cons from the senior members!;)

when you wanna choose between a canon or a nikon...you have to look at the lens range. which one suits you best? canon has wider range thus wider price ranges. canon 50D is a really good camera and has value for money as compared to nikon's d300. this is juz my 2 cents worth.

I dislike the fact that the 50D's on/off switch is located near the bottom-right corner of the LCD screen, out of reach of either hand in the usual DSLR hand-held position. Maybe the camera is meant to be left on?

I dislike the fact that the 50D's on/off switch is located near the bottom-right corner of the LCD screen, out of reach of either hand in the usual DSLR hand-held position. Maybe the camera is meant to be left on?

i think that is fine because i don't think its necessary to keep turning it off and on while shooting. not a big issue i feel. not convenient as the brands that have it at the shutter button but not a deal breaker. :)

i agree with u.. i oso dislike another fact is that the Dial which is located at the shutter,is behind the shutter, this makes the dial harder to turn as ur hand will be "stretch" back kinda pain for me..haha. :bsmilie:

well if discount the 50d does video, the D300 is the camera i would recommend between the two.

well, still waiting to try out the D300 and compare both results...see which one feels better...John 3:16 gave an acceptable deal of $2270 for Canon 50D with EF-s 15-55mm IS and 50-200mm(if not wrong, but within the range;p) IS.

50D's AFing is much faster than my 500D...wad do u guys think?!:)

Have you actually compared the reviews and tested both cameras for yourself?

Just keep the 500D, no point trading up for a 50D since you just purchased it.

when you wanna choose between a canon or a nikon...you have to look at the lens range. which one suits you best? canon has wider range thus wider price ranges. canon 50D is a really good camera and has value for money as compared to nikon's d300. this is juz my 2 cents worth.

It's FAR more than the lens range. Even if Canon or Nikon have 200 lenses, how many are you realistically going to buy?

50D's AFing is much faster than my 500D...wad do u guys think?!:)

That's because you're comparing the mid-range to entry-level. And the D300 AF is faster. And other brands are even faster than that.

i've tried out 50D:), waiting for John 3:16 's D300 stocks to come in, then go n compare....FYI, i'm not trading my 500d for 50d...only doing the homework for my dad lol.:bsmilie:

That's because you're comparing the mid-range to entry-level. And the D300 AF is faster. And other brands are even faster than that.

other brands?!!
My Nikonmates felt the 50D's AF is much faste:think:r....well people's opinion thou...must try by myself...lol...

Hi,
IMHO, every entry-level DSLR in the market can do basically every type of photography a higher-end DSLR can do... a higher end model just had some features and specification to make certain type of photography easier.
For example, can an entry-level DSLR, like the Nikon D5000, do bird photography?? Yes, if you use a super telephoto lens on it. Of course, a higher end model like the Nikon D300 or Canon 50D will make it easier due to faster AF. On some type of photography, such as street photography, Portrait photography and etc, the advantage of higher end DSLR is not that great.

IMHO, lens is more importance and a better investment. DSLR model come and go, but a good lens can last a long, long time.

So, my suggestion is keep your 500D and think what type of photography you are more interested of and use the money to buy good lens for it...

Just my S$0.02.

Have a nice day.

And i did heard and read about High-end DSLRs perform better in low lights condition, cuz they produce less noise, is it true?!

:(anw, without refering to my 500D or any other(unless any other better option exists, budget ranged from 2k-3k;)), if i am about to get one of those two, in your own opinion, which would be better?!

And i did heard and read about High-end DSLRs perform better in low lights condition, cuz they produce less noise, is it true?!

:(anw, without refering to my 500D or any other(unless any other better option exists, budget ranged from 2k-3k;)), if i am about to get one of those two, in your own opinion, which would be better?!

Hard to say because it depends on your needs. You really need to make that choice for yourself after testing both cameras.

Hard to say because it depends on your needs. You really need to make that choice for yourself after testing both cameras.

Thanks dude:), will do so.

Thanks for all of the replies. Hope more feedbacks will come;)

Status
Not open for further replies.