Canon EOS 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
meaning it uses 35mm film, which is what "full frame" is based on anyway..

It's a film camera.

The term full frame is to describe dslrs where the sensor size is the same as that of a 35mm film. Since this is a 35mm film camera, the size of the film is the same as the sensor size of a fullframe dslr.... so......

er.. cos APS SLRs use a totally different film type all together.. the EOS 500 uses 35mm film..

lens that used on eos 500, can it be used on my dslr 400d camera?

yup, basically all EF lenses.. but not the other way round, esp with the kit lens cos its EF-S, meant only for digital..

yup, basically all EF lenses.. but not the other way round, esp with the kit lens cos its EF-S, meant only for digital..
Correction. EF-S lenses are meant for digital APS-C sized cameras. This means all the cameras except for the EOS 1D series and EOS 5D.

but its sigma lenses n not canon...can it still be used?

If the lens is used on a film camera, it should be usable on a digital camera with little problem.

opps.. ya EF-S only for 1.6x bodies ie. 300D, 350D, 400D, 20D, 30D.. for sigma lenses, they have their 1.6x crop lenses which is denoted by the DC suffix..

so this old camera is full frame? can anyone confirm? how do u know that?

here are the specs of the EOS 500
u will see that the camera is 35mm film SLR, using the Canon EF Lens series.. Meaning, like what others have said, u can use their lenses for all the dSLRs.. BUT, if u have EF-S lenses, DO NOT use them on the EOS 500.. u will damage the shutter as the lens goes in deeper into the body compared to others...

Status
Not open for further replies.