Status
Not open for further replies.

jlkk76

Dec 28, 2006
Tampines
Welcome to the 1st season of 450D TCSS Lim Kopi Session!!:cool:

This time round me will lead liao.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

guess too early liao hor...

well anyone interested to get some books from Borders?

Now they are having 30% off one full priced book. If you are their preferred mbr, u get a further 10%.. (anyone mbr???)

Click HERE to print the voucher.

I have check with staff dat we can buy more than 1 book but u nn to have print xtra voucher for it.

Oh yah...valid till 19Mar09 only!!!

Bro, you mean kopi outside? No venue/time?

Bro, you mean kopi outside? No venue/time?

Alamak! I mean dis thread is call TCSS Lim Kopi Session...:bsmilie:

talk abt kopi session...how abt dis sat leh?

I think a couple of us goin for the Super Size Seminar at Hotel Intercontinental dis comin sat from 1.30pm - 5pm. Maybe after dat we can meet up for kopi session ard dat area?

Anyone interested?:)

Sorry this sat evening no free. Monday blues, so people busy...

Hi Jlkk76 ( Jimmy rite? ),

Thanks for starting dis thread, its nice to have since we can tcss and dun need to worry here worry that! I have been following the former thread for sometime, ask a few question( dare not any how ask also ) and I like to see u guys tcss...

Anyway, feeling down as my shots on last Sat on my daughter's BD party turns out lousy, always focus on wrong thing! Think I will either go for photography course or find a 'Sifu'....

Is AF better or MF better?

Thanks for starting dis thread, its nice to have since we can tcss and dun need to worry here worry that! I have been following the former thread for sometime, ask a few question( dare not any how ask also ) and I like to see u guys tcss...

Anyway, feeling down as my shots on last Sat on my daughter's BD party turns out lousy, always focus on wrong thing! Think I will either go for photography course or find a 'Sifu'....

1) You should have ask one of us to help to shoot for FREE and you provide food FREE
2) I recommend you SSS more often first then decide whether you need more knowledge

AF/MF? What mode did you use? PASM? Any mode has nothing to do with your OOF. Are you talking about under/over exposed?

me no expert...also a noob shooter as well.

but at least u got my name right..:cool:

Is AF better or MF better leh? hmm...I seldom use MF, only when I do macro or live view lor.

Most of the time, I can say 99% I'm on AF lor...auto mah...

wat ur setup leh? and wat wrong with ur pics? show us lah...

hiya guys,

feels better with the tcss thread now.. can chat about camera-related stuffs and others :) thanks jimmy!

btw, on sat, rented a 24-105L, brought to botanic gdns shoot babies of my friends', then went to a bday party, then at night a church event. woah. my thoughts are, some people frown on the thought that your skill not matching your gears used. but, somehow i believe, with better equipments, you work your skills to match up with your gears. having said this, i know there are some who are able to have an eye for good pictures regardless the equipments you use.

so.. in all, it was a really exciting experience holding and using a L lens! lol. totally poisonous!

guess even though ppl naturally would expect higher "quality" or "better" pics with better gears, there's really no harm in yearning for better gears as why not, if your budget allows :)

my sentimental sharing this monday morning. :p

1) You should have ask one of us to help to shoot for FREE and you provide food FREE
2) I recommend you SSS more often first then decide whether you need more knowledge

AF/MF? What mode did you use? PASM? Any mode has nothing to do with your OOF. Are you talking about under/over exposed?

Ask one?? Ask the 450D kaki over better....then all can help u to shoot for free...just rem to feed us hor..:bsmilie:

guys.. n gals..

did u all heard/known of IT show selling 50mm lens for $50??

is it a bundle only price or what???

guys.. n gals..

did u all heard/known of IT show selling 50mm lens for $50??

is it a bundle only price or what???

Bundle, anyway its Over.

hiya guys,

feels better with the tcss thread now.. can chat about camera-related stuffs and others :) thanks jimmy!

btw, on sat, rented a 24-105L, brought to botanic gdns shoot babies of my friends', then went to a bday party, then at night a church event. woah. my thoughts are, some people frown on the thought that your skill not matching your gears used. but, somehow i believe, with better equipments, you work your skills to match up with your gears. having said this, i know there are some who are able to have an eye for good pictures regardless the equipments you use.

so.. in all, it was a really exciting experience holding and using a L lens! lol. totally poisonous!

guess even though ppl naturally would expect higher "quality" or "better" pics with better gears, there's really no harm in yearning for better gears as why not, if your budget allows :)

yup... now then u noe the power of L ah..

Shiok hor? so why wait xhui? BBB!:devil:

anyway why bother abt wat ppl think leh?

so long u happy holding them and shoot for fun, dat would be more than enough lor.

hiya guys,

my thoughts are, some people frown on the thought that your skill not matching your gears used. but, somehow i believe, with better equipments, you work your skills to match up with your gears. having said this, i know there are some who are able to have an eye for good pictures regardless the equipments you use.

I wonder if you met any DSLR photographer at the wedding...Often, photographers associate the red band with skills. Then they give you that look...not sure Jimmy feels the same...

By the way, 24-105 on cropped is so cool for zooming. I supposed you agree.

Ask one?? Ask the 450D kaki over better....then all can help u to shoot for free...just rem to feed us hor..:bsmilie:

Wa...sounds more like a reporters' conference.

Aiya, why didn't I think of that!! Feeding is no problem!

I'm also using 450D with kit lens, but that day I rented a 17-55 for better IQ but with lousy skills..get lousy result lor, will try to post pic at night.

I have about 2 weeks to brush-up my skill, my sister-in-law coming from Australia, bringing her n kids to Zoo. Anyone want to help me shoot? I provide free food ;p

xhui, how much u rent the 24-105?

yup... now then u noe the power of L ah..

Shiok hor? so why wait xhui? BBB!:devil:

anyway why bother abt wat ppl think leh?

so long u happy holding them and shoot for fun, dat would be more than enough lor.

yeah, shiok. but wrist pain whole night after the whole day of shooting. ha.. had another photog covering the event that night also, she was using i think a 40D.. but i think 55-250, 580EX while i using 24-105, 430EXII eh, duno leh. weird feeling.

and yes. poison liao. only waiting for right timing to get my 24-105 (and maybe 70-200)!!!

I wonder if you met any DSLR photographer at the wedding...Often, photographers associate the red band with skills. Then they give you that look...not sure Jimmy feels the same...

By the way, 24-105 on cropped is so cool for zooming. I supposed you agree.

ic.. i guess for amateurs starting out and wanting to horn their skills during events etc, always have to "manage" their pride when there are other "pro" dslr users around. (maybe its just me ha)

but i have to say the L lenses does gives sharper, richer photos!!! my goodness. so little PS done for most of my pictures leh. (of cuz no handshakes la)

and yes yes yes, the zoom was excellent heh. i was trying to capture people's moods and face expressions. so being discreet helps tons! of course now i'm toying with renting a 70-200 :bsmilie:

I'm also using 450D with kit lens, but that day I rented a 17-55 for better IQ but with lousy skills..get lousy result lor, will try to post pic at night.

I have about 2 weeks to brush-up my skill, my sister-in-law coming from Australia, bringing her n kids to Zoo. Anyone want to help me shoot? I provide free food ;p

rented 1 day for $25~ so worth it, cuz i was shooting from 830am till up to 11pm.

don't feel down la, as you shoot more, learn more, read more, your skills will improve! =) oh, i do read photography magazines, sometimes they give good tips and pointers. of course good photos for some ideas too! ;)

hmm...dis one no nn..just the entrance fee would do. :bsmilie:

I've nvr rent lens b4 lor..if I want, just BBB:devil:

Jimmy, ur da man! Finally a proper TCSS thread. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.