Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
tips:
what ever lens that we recommend here, take it with a pinch of salt.
buy within your means and not be infected with the virus.
;) ;)

:bsmilie: So fast update virus definition patch huh? :bsmilie:

i on mac... so no need... :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: Mac also need! :bsmilie:

If you refer back to previous threads, me and Ninjaboy exchanged some pointers on it. :bsmilie:

Then 24-105mm is out of your budget by 3 times.

Get Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. You can find it 2nd hand in B&S in this forum.

However, if you want wide and tele range, I suggest you to get Tamron 18-200mm. I've tested it and am very satisfied with the image quality and size of the lens. Very portable. Sub $500 range.

sorry... may i know what is the actual price for canon 28-105mm lens? coz the price i found in internet is around us$250-300 ... errr....

@frans84: why don't you join us for the Ubin trip? It's gonna be a big group outing with not only 450D Club but 1000D too.

And yes, buy within your means and not breaking your bank. :)

ya... im wishing to join it... im trying to arrange the time... due to my friend visit sg... need to b his tour guide .... haihhh...

ya... im wishing to join it... im trying to arrange the time... due to my friend visit sg... need to b his tour guide .... haihhh...

get ur frenz 2 join us lor

sorry... may i know what is the actual price for canon 28-105mm lens? coz the price i found in internet is around us$250-300 ... errr....

Not sure about its current price.

there are few shops in peninsular plaza area selling second hand lenses as well as cameras. but beware of smaller and lesser known shops as they take us as carrot. opposite peninsular plaza (peninsular shopping centre), there are some more shops, eg The Camera Workshop and few more near the canteen. but the best place to check out and hunt for good condition lens is here in B&S.

btw, get something wider at the wide end, 28mm not wide enuf for a 1.6x crop.

stick 2 ur kit lens first...

then get 55-250 + 50mm F1.8 :thumbsup:

hmmmmm....... than save enough money to invest more nicer lens....

i think ... flash should b get 1 right... im headache on which flash should i get... 480exII or 580exII .... any suggestion on these 2 flashlight.... wanna know the usage of each flashlight for me to justify which i wanna to buy... haha...

hmmmmm....... than save enough money to invest more nicer lens....

Understand what you need first. For instance, 50mm f/1.8 prime is good to have, but if you seldom use it for portrait shoot etc, it is better to save the money than get it for the sake of getting it.

Plenty of options available to you though.

i think ... flash should b get 1 right... im headache on which flash should i get... 480exII or 580exII .... any suggestion on these 2 flashlight.... wanna know the usage of each flashlight for me to justify which i wanna to buy... haha...

You won't be using more than 1 flash unless you have multiple DSLR bodies and each of 'em requires external flash mounted on or you want to do it the strobist's way.

Normal usage, 430EX II is more than enough. 580EX II covers slightly further distance and able to function as Master or Slave, depending on the mode set.

i would suggest to get a basic entry level flash, best is canon flash. with at least a basic setup, u can start to pick up the learning curve rather than waiting to save enough for better flash.

Understand what you need first. For instance, 50mm f/1.8 prime is good to have, but if you seldom use it for portrait shoot etc, it is better to save the money than get it for the sake of getting it.

Plenty of options available to you though.

i still find the 50/1.8 is the best prime to buy.
but i sold off mine... because i used it as paper weight.

i still find the 50/1.8 is the best prime to buy.
but i sold off mine... because i used it as paper weight.

:bsmilie: I seldom use 50mm f/1.8 and thus sold it off in the end. Using more of my UWA and tele lenses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.