Canon EOS 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
canon_eos40d.gif
As anticipated Canon has today announced the successor to the hugely popular EOS 30D digital SLR. Enter the EOS 40D, headline improvements are a more robust build with weather-proofing, ten megapixel CMOS sensor, DIGIC III and 1D style menus, 6.5 fps continuous shooting, three custom user modes on mode dial, 3.0" LCD monitor, Live View with optional mirror-drop auto-focus, larger brighter viewfinder with interchangeable focusing screens, much shorter viewfinder blackout and a quieter mirror mechanism, a all new AF system with all nine points cross-type with F5.6 or faster lens and a new optional combo vertical / WiFi grip. Watch this space, preview coming soon.

More...

Disappointing cos I was hoping it was the 7D or 5D MkII.

However, 40D looks as good as it can get, esp with 10mp and 6.5fps. I will definitely buy this model if I'm upgrading from a EOS xx0D or a pns.

I don't really care for the live view and I wonder if you can disable the Digic III's face recognition? That'll really brighten parts which I might choose not to do so.

Oh wow!! this is going to be great. now that we all know that 30D will drop its pirce hehehehe.

Logic tells me the face recognition will only work in scene modes, im sure it can be disabled, kinda strange if it can't.

As for live view, it'll surely make macro and bird shooting a lot better due to lack of mirror flip and extra manification for MF.

Status
Not open for further replies.