Canon EOS 350D or Nikon D70s

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazeppa26

Dec 28, 2005
hi
newbie here... any advice with regards to the above questions...besides trying out both to see the feel, wad else is there to help me choose either one. (next to the difference in MP that is and LCD screen) thanks...:)

This has been discussed to death. Go do a search please.

hard to comment, go and flip a coin :bsmilie:

Buy both

mazeppa26 said:
hi
newbie here... any advice with regards to the above questions...besides trying out both to see the feel, wad else is there to help me choose either one. (next to the difference in MP that is and LCD screen) thanks...:)

Bro, both are good cameras. Which you choose depends on what you want in a camera.

Canon 350D
comes with 18 - 55mm lens
consdered an entry-level model
small and light weight
Has 8 mpix

Nikon D70s
comes with 18 - 70mm lens
consdered a semi pro level camera
Bigger and heavier so feels more solid
Has 6 Mpix

I prefer to choose the system instead of the camera.

If choosing camera, then need to consider Fuji, Pentax, Olympus, Sigma also.

i have the d70s, it is a fantastic camera i love it, however canon seem to be ahead of the technological game, so prehaps go with canon if u want all the new gear, and nikon if you want a really well built strong user friendly camera, produces excellent images.

just my opinion

gd luck!

Olympus E500 and Konica Minolta D5D are 2 other choices to consider in the same category.

haha went to John to try both today...
the nikon feels better, but the canon seems to be said to haf more advanced digital functions like depth of field preview etc...
but nikon on the other hand haf on-the-go iso, exposure adjustments....
difficult choice ha

Depth of Field preview is present on both systems.

Nikon well proven to last(D100), more stable camera mount. Canon changes more rapidly.(300D), upgrade choices are more diffcult to make and expensive to change(EF-S mount, 1.6x; 1.3x; 1x FOV).

Yes, if you are starting a new system, i do recomend Olympus E-500.
The body is cheaper, but the lenses and stuff are abit more expansive compared. Even so, what you get are quality optics.

mazeppa26 said:
haha went to John to try both today...
the nikon feels better, but the canon seems to be said to haf more advanced digital functions like depth of field preview etc...
but nikon on the other hand haf on-the-go iso, exposure adjustments....
difficult choice ha

Then close your eyes and pick one. Unless you have a preference of one system over the other (in which case you won't be asking anyway) it won't make a difference

If you're expecting clear cut A's better than B comments you're not gonna find it.

i just brought my D70s kit, and i wasn't comparing with a 350D..
i was comparing D70s to 20D.

and decided D70s! :)

oh forgot to mention that... the 350D body is really small... more suitable for sissy...:thumbsd: but good for travelling!:thumbsup:

and the shutter sound of the 350D pricks my ear... it's rather high pitch compare to D70s or 20D;) maybe i'm jus over sensitive.. LOL;p

many places out of stock for d70s

wads the current best price.. :)

plus freebies?

thanks a lot... :)

If you want camera that delivers excellent picture quality, you can't go wrong with 350D! ;)

edward1 said:
If you want camera that delivers excellent picture quality, you can't go wrong with 350D! ;)
that also applies to 20D,5D,1Dmk2N,1Dsmk2,D70s,D200,D2Hs,D2x..............:sweat:

hmm actually apart from the DSLR ...
the lens is also important right ?
so if i am getting the 350D which is quite likely..
what kind of lens do u guys recommend ?
i know the 350D is sort of the low end but yet entry level to DSLR...
can someone go pro using a 350D ?

350D once utilized correctly can produce images to match any camera. Lenswise, buy only what you need to shoot. a good start might be the 28-135, kit lens shouldnt be that bad either.

There should be some freelancers who use 350D for their work.

bluecoral81 said:
hmm actually apart from the DSLR ...
the lens is also important right ?
so if i am getting the 350D which is quite likely..
what kind of lens do u guys recommend ?
i know the 350D is sort of the low end but yet entry level to DSLR...
can someone go pro using a 350D ?

Bro, if you want a handy camera that can produce excellent images, and you're more of a hobbyist than a professional, a good choice is the 350D.
But if you shoot for a price, then it must be the D70s. Because if you are seen with a 350D amongst the pros, horrible as it may sound, people will be laughing behind your back, for using an 'baby' camera.
Thus is the world. The Canon has higher resolution, and is in no way lesses than the D70s. And it is more advance in terms of functions and technology you may say. But there are things made to cater for fun and things made to cater for work. You know what I mean.
So bottom line, if for fun 350D. If for work D70s. That's how I would decide.
I was going thru the same dilema, but decided on the D70s for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.