Canon EOS 30D vs. Nikon D200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterbux

Aug 10, 2007
Singapore
Hi folks,

Here I am sitting confused over these two DSLR's. Since I am just another newbie around the block, can I kindly get inputs from you all as to which one is the better over the other? And I know that this discussion can easily turn to be a very subjective evaluation, but please try your best to be fair in giving your two cents. Thanks folks and greatly appreciate whatever you have to say.

Cheers. :D

Hi folks,

Here I am sitting confused over these two DSLR's. Since I am just another newbie around the block, can I kindly get inputs from you all as to which one is the better over the other? And I know that this discussion can easily turn to be a very subjective evaluation, but please try your best to be fair in giving your two cents. Thanks folks and greatly appreciate whatever you have to say.

Both are about the same. You won't go wrong with either.

Heard that replacement models for these 2 cameras will be out soon. 40D as soon as within 1-2 weeks.

Maybe can consider seeing the specs of the new cameras before deciding?

I've seen a snippets of the specs but dunno how much it will cost. Any ideas?

Heard that replacement models for these 2 cameras will be out soon. 40D as soon as within 1-2 weeks.

Maybe can consider seeing the specs of the new cameras before deciding?

How, u gonna get 40D :) Heard got live preview leh....

30D is cheaper than D80 now...

Both are excellent cameras. I think a more important question you need to ask yourself is: what are the lenses you would need? Once you buy into a "system" it becomes expensive to switch -- when you have assembled a variety of lenses/flashes and other accessories.

How, u gonna get 40D :) Heard got live preview leh....

He say..... You heard..... Who confirmed?

Some people must get the latest and greatest so that they can take pictures. Think of the pictures you are not taking while waiting for the next camera.

He say..... You heard..... Who confirmed?

Some people must get the latest and greatest so that they can take pictures. Think of the pictures you are not taking while waiting for the next camera.

Aiya,

Me talking to my good friend midicity, why you interrupt? You know him and what camera he is holding meh?;p

I just think that if the 40D is indeed coming out, it is time for him to upgrade his kit la.

Yup, Aim for it long time already. ;)

Yeah, I think it is time you get the double digits Canon liao....for me, I don't think I'll be getting one, since I'm very happy with my 30D still....:)

Hi folks,

Hi,
I must say that you won't go wrong with either of them. You have made a very good choice and fortunate to be able to start with 30D or D200.

Personally, I have slight preference over the D200 for it's built, which is very solid and the dials and buttons are easy to use. The top LCD is bigger than 30D and the grip somehow feels nicer :)

I am currently a Nikon, Canon and Olympus user and the D200 is my favourite currently. A Nikkor 17-55mm/2.8 goes very well with the D200. If you go for 30D, Canon has a similar 17-55mm f2.8 as well.

Cheers

Read the latest copy of Practical Photography... they have listed the pros and cons of 4 models in it which has both these 2 in...

Choose one you'll prefer. ;)

You guys have been such a great help here and I think I will go for the Nikon D200, having read some reviews and comparisons between the two as well as all of your opinions. And I have to agree with Viewpoint about the more important question being what kind of lenses I am using. :)

All in all, I had help from this thread. LOADS OF THANKS PEEPS!
Rest assured I'll be posting questions about the D200 soon enough. :p

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.