Canon EOS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickentang

Jun 15, 2005
I am using canon EOS 50 now and I want to buy extra camera. My first choice is EOS 3. I would like to get some advise and comment about this camera.Thanks :)

It is a very good cam. I like it as the form and weight is very nice on my hand. It is fast and accurate. The 1V is of course better but I do not like to lug one heavy canon DLSR and a equally heavy 1V for shoot.

So the EOS 3 is for me. Performance is the same to me except the shutter sound is a bit loud. No use for the eye control for me though.

field performance wise, the 3 doesn't differ much from the 1v. The difference lies in that the 1v has downloadable shooting info. and other stuff that are useful once back home.

the 3 is horrendously awful for concerts as it has a hideous mirror slap sound. Great camera overall, but if you do stage photography, avoid the 3.

best budget choice for film EOS

chickentang said:
I am using canon EOS 50 now and I want to buy extra camera. My first choice is EOS 3. I would like to get some advise and comment about this camera.Thanks :)

so eos 3 become your main camera? or do you want a backup camera?

if for backup....another film 30 or 30v willl be a good size/budget.

i was 'upgrading' from EOS 300 last year and really wanted to get the EOS 3. However, since I do not use professional lab to print my photos, I 'need' viewfinder coverage of 90%. I also enticipate I would wear glasses someday ans the EOS 3 does not have dipotric adjustment due to the fact that it had ECF and at the time of production, Canon have not found a way to put ECF and dipotric adjutment on the same body --- until the EOS 30.

So, I chose the 30 instead. The money I saved bought me a used Sigma 15-30mm :)

DT :)

kelccm said:
Budget?? :dunno: I thought the EOS 3 is considered a semi-pro model? It is almost at the top of the Canon film camera range. Or are you refering to EOS 30V?

now 2nd hand eos3 is going for roughly 800 bucks. already v cheap compared to 3 years ago when the price was double ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.