• 525 selectable AF areas
• New AF point selection control
• Illuminated buttons
• Dramatically improved battery life for LP-E19
• Better ISO performance
• 10-bit HEIF files
• 4K 60P
• 10-bit Canon Log
• Internal Raw video recording (once again, comes back to CFexpress)
• Optical finder continuous shooting 16fps AF + AE /
• Live View continuous 20fps AF + AE (with mechanical or electronic shutter)
• CFexpress storage
• 5x RAW burst depth vs 1DX Mark II
• Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (first time 1-series has built-in Wi-Fi)
• Built-in Bluetooth low energy
• Built-in ethernet transfer speed 2x fast as 1D X Mark II
• New optional wireless transmitter will be 2x as fast
• Weather resistant magnesium alloy body

Big players have released/will release top models aimed for 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Canon 1DX Mk3, Nikon impending D6, Sony A9 Mk2.
The common features will be:
• high data transmission rates via WIFI. For professional photographers to send and get the (first to press) news "scoop" on important photos.
• extremely good autofocus ability
• high frame rate to take still photos, for sports action to capture the precise moment.
• a wide selection of extreme high quality long telephoto lenses (Sony may lose out on this aspect)
• high writing speeds of photos to the memory card. (A9 Mk2 has 2 UHS-II slots, 1DX Mk3 has 2 CFExpress slots)
Ordinary people (me) cannot afford this. Total price of whole outfit (body + lens+ accessories) is very high.
I do NOT expect to see large numbers of professional photographers using Sony A9 Mk2 during the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
It will be mostly Canon & Nikon presence at 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
Canon sets up full support facilities on-site for professional photographers at such important sports events.
It is an unknown whether any professional will be using Olympus E-M1X at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.

Reactions: Ah Keong
Improvements for video. Only 20.1 MP. Guess primed for Tokyo Olympics. Price is an important aspect. For professional sports photographers covering the Olympics, price is a non-issue because the company takes care of the expense. Local slang is Ah Kong siau. 阿公消. But for the other 99.9% of mass market who have to pay from their own pocket, probably turned off by high price. Not attractive in view of what other competitors and even Canon itself have to offer.
For example the expected Canon mirrorless R-Pro or R Mk2.
The 1DX III may not sell well after Tokyo Olympics and could be the last hurrah for Canon 1DX series DSLR (with mirror).
After Tokyo Olympics, Canon may devote time to RF mirrorless full frame range, budget APS-C mirror DSLR (e.g. 90D range). Not forgetting their small camera APS-C range like M5 for ladies who like small cameras.
The future top model in time for 2024 Olympics may be mirrorless. 1DRX? 4 years enough time for Canon to develop one.

Thanks for the past, I was thinking of buying a new camera for myself and Canon EOS-1D X Mark III is one of my choices.

Anyone got this already?
Yes. Got it already. Initial comparison suggest mk3 is faster to trigger. The new focus point selection is very very intuitive and fast. Only problem is that the focusing points are less bright compared to mk2 even after you have brightened it up. Felt that the camera is also slightly heavier than mk2. Image comparable to mk2. Took a 4k video uncropped 50p but have not got time to compare to the C500mk2. Will do it over the weekend.