Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP
simon.clubsnap.org
Was invited to Canon EOS 1D launch today with Edmund, here are some sample shots i have taken with EOS 1D.

20CB9866.JPG

20CB9870.JPG

7D3A0207.JPG

7D3A0252.JPG

7D3A0222.JPG

7D3A0234.JPG

Edmund Tan playing with his future Canon EOS 1D and 70-200L IS F/2.8
CRW_0203L.jpg

Cool...you mean they allowed the camera to be taken off-location? How did you take those shots?

My lab ordered a 1D from Canon Singapore, but will be delivered only in June. Sigh, I'd be out of there by that time, cannot play around with it. :(

Ermm... my initial comments about the EOS 1D.....

yum yum... :p

Originally posted by Tweek
Cool...you mean they allowed the camera to be taken off-location? How did you take those shots?

My lab ordered a 1D from Canon Singapore, but will be delivered only in June. Sigh, I'd be out of there by that time, cannot play around with it. :(

Hmmm, pay me S$11K and i'll get you one next week ;P

Arghh...never chio...but it is ok, got no time today. So how did u guys get invited?

Originally posted by zapp!
Arghh...never chio...but it is ok, got no time today. So how did u guys get invited?
CPS members and Canon authorised dealers are regularly invited for such product previews and launches. As for calling the others along, this was a closed event, so we weren't allowed to bring in guests, otherwise, we would have definitely done so. ;)

Originally posted by Edmund
CPS members and Canon authorised dealers are regularly invited for such product previews and launches. As for calling the others along, this was a closed event, so we weren't allowed to bring in guests, otherwise, we would have definitely done so. ;)

Actually, one of the AP guys asked me to if I wanted to go.. so I guess some people can bring guests?

Originally posted by YSLee

Actually, one of the AP guys asked me to if I wanted to go.. so I guess some people can bring guests?
Yup, the camera retailers should be able to do that. CP offered to bring us along too, but Darren isn't back yet and being on the CPS list, we (Simon and myself) got invited as individuals. ;)

Originally posted by Edmund
Yup, the camera retailers should be able to do that. CP offered to bring us along too, but Darren isn't back yet and being on the CPS list, we (Simon and myself) got invited as individuals. ;)
wat is cps?

Originally posted by ninelives

how does one apply from that?? Internet??

There're more then one requirement, but Requirement Number 1

CANON USER who own a EOS 3 and above with some L lens and other Canon Lens...

Nope, you can't apply from Internet.

Looks like i must go join CPS too...but nowadays really got not much free time. Going back to lab tonite again...

The posted photos don't justify the quality of the 1D. Perhaps you should crop a small part (eye) from the original file shot at the highest resolution, only then we can see if the 1D can give details or not. The posted photos look soft to me.

Originally posted by Kho King
The posted photos don't justify the quality of the 1D. Perhaps you should crop a small part (eye) from the original file shot at the highest resolution, only then we can see if the 1D can give details or not. The posted photos look soft to me.

agreed. Apparently, the Evaluative Metering appears to be fooled by strong lighting as well, as the pics of the swimmers in the water are clearly underexposed, considering that the pool does not appear to be an indoor one........ah well, guess there's no such thing as a perfect meter ;P

Simon: wat settings are these pics taken under? RAW or JPG? wat colorspace settings?

However, on the issue of softness, barring camera shake, user errors or lens problems, 1D pics are supposed to be softer than D30's right out of camera (this is wat i read - never handled a 1D before). This has the same benefit as the D30 of allowing users to sharpen to desired levels, and avoid all the oversharpening halos and artifacts that come with consumer digicams. D30 and ID images in RAW mode can take a lot of beating (aka post processing) and both sharpen very well. With good L lenses and primes, sometimes sharpening is not even needed much...

the 1D is a very sweet camera, esp with the new firmware upgrade that reduces the banding problem. affording one is another entirely different story!

Status
Not open for further replies.