CANON EOS 1000D out this PC show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon_1000d/page7.asp
was reading this .. hmm interesting camera but i wonder if it will be a hit.. will it be out this PC show?
Unlikely. Like Snoweagle mentioned it was just announced only. As to whether it will be a hit or not it largely depends on the pricepoint Canon is marketing it at...if they can sell the kit set at say $800-$900 I would say it could give the Nikon D40x and Sony Alpha 200 a serious run for their money. But I am guessing the kit set more around the $950 range, and the body only set (if available) at around $850.

Nah I do not think so. From the UK and USA website, the 1000D will be only available in late July. :)

Unlikely. Like Snoweagle mentioned it was just announced only. As to whether it will be a hit or not it largely depends on the pricepoint Canon is marketing it at...if they can sell the kit set at say $800-$900 I would say it could give the Nikon D40x and Sony Alpha 200 a serious run for their money. But I am guessing the kit set more around the $950 range, and the body only set (if available) at around $850.

ya i wonder what's the pricing going to be..
what entices me is that it shares accessories with 450D and its specs is betta than 400D..

but I assumed that nikon already grabbed all those looking for lower entry level DSLRs..

u wanna buy arh? do a conversion on the price from DP and thats a stunning S$1380 leh! top up S$119 can get 450D liao lor!

And why would they launch it at a PC show? They'd wait for a more photographic-oriented event, like Photokina.

u wanna buy arh? do a conversion on the price from DP and thats a stunning S$1380 leh! top up S$119 can get 450D liao lor!

Yup.... And add 200 to the 450D and get a a 40D...

In terms of features and build quality it's a clear differentiation, but it doesn't reflect in price.

Yup.... And add 200 to the 450D and get a a 40D...

In terms of features and build quality it's a clear differentiation, but it doesn't reflect in price.

Canon trying to make a quick buck out of the PnS folks??

UK pricing is usually higher than Singapore due to their taxes being higher. The 1000D is aim at consumer, so I do suppose maybe a range of $1099-$1199. :)

Evolution ur maths fail la
450D kit was listed as 899 euros while 1000D was listed as 649 euros
since 450D selling @ 1499 now 1000D will be expected to be selling at 649/899 x 1499 = S$ 1082 not 1380 its using ratio dude

so guys, dont say that i didn tell you 1000D will be selling at $1080 when it comes out man which is a cool price!! Considering that nikon D60 is selling at $1188 now even though its so sucky with 3 point autofocus like wtf :eek:

Even now nikon getting despo oredy selling D60 + 55-200 mm VR at $1499 to fight the 450D and the D40x + 55-200mm VR at $1188 super despo

When the 1000D comes out it will knock out of all other consumer-level DSLRs especially Canon's biggest rival NIKON!!!! HAHA!!

By LenzLaw - A VERY EXTREMELY INCREDIBLY IMMENSELY PROUD owner of the 450D :lovegrin:

By LenzLaw - A VERY EXTREMELY INCREDIBLY IMMENSELY PROUD owner of the 450D :lovegrin:

I have a D300 and I see your 450D as extremely sucky.

Moral of this reply - There is alway something better out there, if not now, there will be one in the future. :sticktong

Evolution ur maths fail la
450D kit was listed as 899 euros while 1000D was listed as 649 euros
since 450D selling @ 1499 now 1000D will be expected to be selling at 649/899 x 1499 = S$ 1082 not 1380 its using ratio dude

yes, yes, how u noe i fail my maths?

but didn't u noe u failed general knowledge?

with the rapid appreciation of the S$ in recent mths, the current exchange rate is 1euro=S$2.1335, thus, 649euros=S$1384, opps it rose by $4....

yes i failed maths! and its using real-time exchange rate dude!:bsmilie:

but i do agree with you that it may launch at 1080, as all canon's earnings r reported in USD at the end of the day.... thus it is possible that they offset by such margins.

When the 1000D comes out it will knock out of all other consumer-level DSLRs especially Canon's biggest rival NIKON!!!! HAHA!!

I highly doubt it. From what I can tell so far, the 1000D will feel like a cheap $15 pasar malam toy.

All that emotion... For a cam that's not that good? Ah well. To each their own

I have a D300 and I see your 450D as extremely sucky.

Moral of this reply - There is alway something better out there, if not now, there will be one in the future.

hello dude, the D300 cannot be compared to 450D that'll be picking on somethin which is not its size

conversely, the D60 will be EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY sucky compared to the EOS 5D right?

Lets make this comparison on a fair-and-square basis ok and stop comparing bigger and apparently more powerful cameras to smaller ones

ok, so, by "fair comparison",

Canon Nikon
High end 1D pwns D3
Mid range 5D loses out by a little to D300
Consumer 40D owns D80
Entry level 450D thrashes D60
400D beats D40x
350D defeats D40

Even though 350D is SO OLD like 3 years since its release it has 7 autofocus points 8 mp and 2.8 fps vs the D40 which is supposedly "newer" features an "impressive" 3 AF points and an "amazing" 6 megapixels and a relatively "lightning quick" 2.5 fps eventhough its x-sync of 1/500 of a second is pretty amazing and the fastest among all DSLRs i have to admit

and........

Even though the D60 is released more than a year later than 400D, the 400D is on par with it if not better than the D60 with 9 af points compared to 3, even though D60 has high ISO of 3200 compared to 1600

AND.....

when the 1000D comes out with LIVE VIEW and 3fps shooting up to 514 :confused::think::eek: Jpeg frames........it will own all other consumer level Dslrs on the market...

Now, how about that?

GET THE BIG PICTURE?!

P.S. pity newbies who get D40/D40x/D60 at this point in time without thinking.....just a month or two later they will be knocking their heads against the wall and screaming when the 1000D is released (like me......i got my D60 a week before release of 450D, and my jaw just dropped man 12.2 mp live view 3.5fps shooting DIGIC 3 processor 9 af points luckily managed to sell my D60 fast enough)

P.S. To: max evolution really very sorry man......i meant that as a joke dude......i failed maths before......:embrass:

P.S. Whether a camera sucks or not, its relative.....of cos the 450D sucks compared to the 1D......haha......but its the best of its class isnt it?

By: LenzLaw
STILL A VERY EXTREMELY INCREDIBLY IMMENSELY PROUD owner of the 450D which currently is the undisputed pwning CONSUMER LEVEL DSLR on the market :lovegrin:

STILL A VERY EXTREMELY INCREDIBLY IMMENSELY PROUD owner of the 450D which currently is the undisputed pwning CONSUMER LEVEL DSLR on the market :lovegrin:

Should have kicked yourself again then when the A350 came out, especially since it's LiveView "pwns" the 450D one.

when the 1000D comes out with LIVE VIEW and 3fps shooting up to 514 :confused::think::eek: Jpeg frames........it will own all other consumer level Dslrs on the market...

Now, how about that?

GET THE BIG PICTURE?!

Yes. It's all pointless since the 1000D LV can't track moving objects, and still gets beaten by other cameras that offer unlimited burst capture (limited only by memory card size) and can actually still track and adjust focus in LV....

Sure, right, it "will own" all other DSLRs...

Pfffft. It's obviously an emergency reaction by Canon.

ok, so, by "fair comparison",

Canon Nikon
High end 1D pwns D3
Mid range 5D loses out by a little to D300
Consumer 40D owns D80
Entry level 450D thrashes D60
400D beats D40x
350D defeats D40

Erm, you are comparing a 5D full frame cam to a D300 cropped sensor cam? It doesn't look fair to me.

Even though 350D is SO OLD like 3 years since its release it has 7 autofocus points 8 mp and 2.8 fps vs the D40 which is supposedly "newer" features an "impressive" 3 AF points and an "amazing" 6 megapixels and a relatively "lightning quick" 2.5 fps eventhough its x-sync of 1/500 of a second is pretty amazing and the fastest among all DSLRs i have to admit

and........

Even though the D60 is released more than a year later than 400D, the 400D is on par with it if not better than the D60 with 9 af points compared to 3, even though D60 has high ISO of 3200 compared to 1600

I think the problem here lies in the SD card. Find me a cam that uses SD card and can have burst rate higher than 3.5fps. For the case of 350D, it uses CF that has faster reading and writing speed than SD. Again, not a fair comparison.

Is the number of focus points available, that important to you? Or are you not confident of using a camera with lower number of focus points. Many of the winning entries in international photo competitions are shot using D70 which has 5focus points. So low number of focus points doesn't mean poor photos.
Hmm btw, my Nikon prosumer P5000 has 99selectable focus points. Wanna trade camera?

Well I guess we can say Canon has a very convinced buyer. Maybe LenzLaw can consider a job at Canon's marketing department.

Should have kicked yourself again then when the A350 came out, especially since it's LiveView "pwns" the 450D one.

Haha. I tried the A350 LiveView and I must say it was the most impressive one out of all the cams offering LiveView. I think the swivel screen makes it extremely useful.

I highly doubt it. From what I can tell so far, the 1000D will feel like a cheap $15 pasar malam toy.

By just comparing the specs, it seems that 1000D loses out only slightly to 450D?

So I believe the price of 1000D will be about $200-300 below that of 450D. I reckon it's Canon's answer to D60/D40. Given that 450D is quite pricey and Canon might have not reached their intended sales target.
But even if that's the case, I doubt 1000D will be a winner among entry-level dslrs, because there are simply lots of alternatives.

As for the real question, whether 1000D will appear in the PC Show? I'm quite sure the answer is no.

Yes. It's all pointless since the 1000D LV can't track moving objects, and still gets beaten by other cameras that offer unlimited burst capture (limited only by memory card size) and can actually still track and adjust focus in LV....

Sure, right, it "will own" all other DSLRs...

Pfffft. It's obviously an emergency reaction by Canon.

sure. it will own other dslrs. at consumer level only, together with the 450D ;)

seriously, i was seriously comparing A350 and 450D prior to purchasing but i still think 450D pwns despite its lower resolution and inferior liveview - >
1. 3.5 fps vs 2 fps
2. 1/200 x-sync vs 1/125 may not appear important but crucial for me, dunno why
3. just feel ill at ease with with sony dslrs......saw someone using the a350 at my school concert and the camera just won't focus he had to knock it a few times before it will
4. Just love the L-lenses for canon
5. My uncle uses a 1Ds mark 3 and has a hell lot of lenses can always borrow it from him :lovegrin::lovegrin:
6. Dont use live view a lot -> troublesome even with a350 most of the time i just shoot with viewfinder......some moments pass by very quickly u noe wat i mean....
7. Shutter sound of canon cameras - i know this is lame - but a350 shutter sounds too mechanical for me - the shutter sound of the rebel series sound cooler
8. another lame one - the E-TTL II flash system of Canon - great invention. The flash fires to brighten up the environment just before the shot - dont know what you call that phenomenon - and the flash can be fired ANYTIME....................DAMM COOL.........as a student photographer i always use this to tease people......damm important for me:bsmilie:

However, kudos to SONY for producing the a350 which is a fantastic dslr one that i see as the closest competitor to the 450D:thumbsup:

Hmm btw, my Nikon prosumer P5000 has 99selectable focus points. Wanna trade camera?

Err...no thanks:confused::sweat:

Well I guess we can say Canon has a very convinced buyer. Maybe LenzLaw can consider a job at Canon's marketing department.

Nice one dude maybe i will ;):bsmilie::lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.