Canon Eos 1000D - moved to Newbie Corner

sky512

Jan 2, 2011
Hi everyone,im a 13 year old boy just joined clubsnap:)

anyway i wanna join photo graphy with my friends....have been following them to take scenery and have been enjoying it very much

i am currently on financial crisis so i can't get a high end camera....

was looking at the canon eos 1000d..
was wondering anyone of u guys out there are using this camera and anyone recommend using this camera????the help from u people are really really much appreciated:)

this are also a few more dslr i have been looking at
nikon 3100
sony alpha 290 and 390:)

thanks for viewing my post:)

any dslr will do good already

i'd strongly advice ya to get a 2nd hand body and kit from the market place, then find out which features ya really need over the time

a cheaper alternative too

i am currently on financial crisis so i can't get a high end camera....

hmm 13 year old financial crisis already? :bsmilie:

what's your budget?

if you're really in a financial stump, any camera will do. ;p ( for me at least.)

Yea you may wanna check out the Buy and Sell section for 2nd hand camera. Maybe can try getting one with warranty left.

Btw you might wanna take a looking at Pentax k-x. Last seen it was selling at 699 with 18-55 kit lens. Now maybe drop. Not so sure. (Sorry if i shouldn't be mentioning this in canon forum). :S

yup parents company failure lorhhh.....sway sia...
anyway no matter wat still thanks for u guys comments:)

wil check out the market place soon

Xuan Yu

Well he is 13 year old so it might be tough to go scout for a 2nd hand body on your own if you don't know much about the body.

1. Find an adult (relative) who knows about a body to accompany or deal for you if you want 2nd hand. Personally I think a 2nd hand good conditioned 500D is better than a new 1000D. Basically get the best for your budget unless you have the spending power to do frequent upgrades.

2. If you really want a new model, 1000D is fine for beginners. But I would think that in terms of specs Nikon 3100 might be better. I am a canon user but doesn't mean that I have to support canon blindly.

3. Lastly you might want to save a bit of money to buy some accessories such as spare batt or a small bag or maybe a decent tripod.

13 years old into photograpy...kids surely do things different from my time...I was still watching power rangers when I was 13.

i dunno siaaaaa.....
like brand new stuff(everybody does:sweat:)
second hand....will there be any risk???

That's why you should get one of your friends who knows how to check, to go along with you! =p

Check for physical damages, functionality and such. Getting a second-hand with good warranty status left SHOULD give you a peace of mind, right?

you mentioned that your parent's business failed so it shouldn't be a financial crisis for you unless they would be paying for you.
in that case, i would advise you to consult them so that a budget can be worked out.
in any case and except for a lucky few, there's always a budget for anything.
so after that discussion then we can help you work around your budget, what do you think?

dude if u wanna get 1000D, i suggest u go for nikon's D3100. seriously. 1000D is good. definitely better than any compact camera. and will it perform well? depends on what you shoot. landscape? friends? sure! sports? animals? birds? no. but if i were u and without much choice, i will get D3000/3100. not biased towards nikon, but i think the built-in tutorial helps for newbies and they are newer than 1000D which has been there for ages!

you mentioned that your parent's business failed so it shouldn't be a financial crisis for you unless they would be paying for you.
in that case, i would advise you to consult them so that a budget can be worked out.
in any case and except for a lucky few, there's always a budget for anything.
so after that discussion then we can help you work around your budget, what do you think?

erm yeah, TS you should tell us what your budget is first. and also what you wanna shoot.

As a 13 year old kid, camera is only a hobby, with financial crisis , alot of things are more important
Try to borrow from close frens, even compact cams can take good pics...
Nowadays kids are really pamper :(

thats why im saving money instead of working out with my parents.......err
i shoot animals,friends.....scenery......
so yaaa......
budget bout 600 there ba

with a budget of around 600, you could get get the 1000D kit or you could hunt for a 2nd hand 450D.
Do note that the expensive equipment is the lens, not the body.
Why don't you play around with your friend's equpiment and see what you like?
be awfully sure that you really like it else it'll be just a white elephant.

Hi Xuan Yu,

I happen to be selling my Canon 1000D, its been rarely used, in great condition with 8 months warranty.
Contact me at 91118792 if you're interested yeah?
Thanks!

Advertising in the wrong forum.
Reported.:devil:

Wow really shows how much photography is catching on nowadays with people starting to shoot with dslrs at so young an age! Envious.

kid, go into Buy/Sell to see what's on sale there..... there are ALOT more cameras for sale there than these 2 posts (just deleted) trying to sell u their cameras

Others, please advertise in Buy/Sell your gear there, thanks

600 is more than enough to get either pentax k-x kit or 1000d kit or d3000 kit what at BnS, i suggest u stop waiting for everyone to spoon feed u(need people to give u the even the exact sale thread?? :bsmilie:) and go to the BnS section it's only a clicks away ma, kids these days.... :dunno:

Save the money.
If there is a financial crisis and parents business fail, I would worry if there is money for home, for food and for school.
Camera for play is the last of the worries.
In fact if there is extra money you should probably help out your parents who are trying hard to make ends meet.

just my 2c.
Anyway, if you HAVE to take up photography now, will suggest a P&S.
You can download free image processing programs.
Brush up on things like composition, timing of shots, being able to talk to people to take their pictures, simple post-processing.

Photography is much much more than a DSLR :)

Save the money.
If there is a financial crisis and parents business fail, I would worry if there is money for home, for food and for school.
Camera for play is the last of the worries.
In fact if there is extra money you should probably help out your parents who are trying hard to make ends meet.

just my 2c.
Anyway, if you HAVE to take up photography now, will suggest a P&S.
You can download free image processing programs.
Brush up on things like composition, timing of shots, being able to talk to people to take their pictures, simple post-processing.

Photography is much much more than a DSLR :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

There are also alot of things a P&S (those with manual controls) can teach you.