Canon EFS 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS vs. EF 24-105mm f/4L IS

trau-nuoc

May 8, 2010
Hi bros,
I wanna buy an all-in-one lens. I have read the reviews of both lens but if anyone have used both of them please help to have some comments and advice. Currently I got 50D with Tokina 12-24 f/4 DX, Canon 50mm f/1.4.
Thanks.

IQ wise, the 4x L zoom will be better than a 10x zoom. but the later has longer reach and flexibility for an all-in-one
if using by itself, the 24-105 might not be as wide on a crop sensor as the 18-200mm

ryan

Last edited:
.....the 24-105 might not be as wide on a crop sensor as the 18-200mm

You already owned a uwa lens; Tokina 12-24. Get the 24-105.

Last edited:
Thank you ryan & kokfann.
Do you have any hint on the price and recommended shops that offer good price & services? I just move to work here.
Thanks again.

Do you have any hint on the price and recommended shops that offer good price & services? I just move to work here.
Thanks again.

See the Canon price guides...

Thanks again.

Just call the reputable shops.
M.S colour
John 3:16
Cathay photo
SLR revo
T.K foto

Grey products: TCW

Cheers

Last edited:
previously when i travel light, it would be an 18-200 and a 12-24mm as well

ryan

for crop body, i personally would choose 18-200 for the wide angle & longer reach & consider 24-105 if eventually planning to move to full-frame... just that there'll be an inconvenience to switch to Tokina for wide angles. on the tele end, 105mm x 1.6 crop factor is more than what i need for most of my photos.

Get 24-105 F4L is better in IQ and bulit and L's retains re-sell value maybe you will upgrade FF in future...