Canon EFS 10-22mm from Canon website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Java

thanks man!!!

any url for the 17-85 ?

17-85 with IS somemore... that would be my ultimate standard lens man! :vhappy: :cheergal:

And since it is EF-S, the price should be comparitively cheap.........

I'm gonna stand outside the camera shop and pick up one of these the moment they exit the truck! :bsmilie:

This EF-S cater for consumer market and not for pro market.... Should be more affordable to consumer then therefore no need a fast one.... but in the end ... some of these consumer market that got hook to Dslr will then poisoned by L lens and will convert to L .....

Canon seems very smart on this point..... especially putting EF-S lens as the introduction of Dslr .... As happen to me and might be to some of you... In the beginning there always 1 lens that you think that you are satisfy with.. In the end ... I end up with 3 L lens and bunch of Canon speciality lens (1.4 & macro).... Damn Canon....

what can i say beside Great!!!!

LoRes_EF-S%2010-22%20Slant.jpg

LoRes_EF-S%2010-22Side.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Equivilant 16mm on 300D/20D..... *drool*

If reasonably priced enough, could be quite an interesting lens to own. Indeed very wide. Exciting prospects.

javaman said:
This EF-S cater for consumer market and not for pro market.... Should be more affordable to consumer then therefore no need a fast one.... but in the end ... some of these consumer market that got hook to Dslr will then poisoned by L lens and will convert to L .....

Canon seems very smart on this point..... especially putting EF-S lens as the introduction of Dslr .... As happen to me and might be to some of you... In the beginning there always 1 lens that you think that you are satisfy with.. In the end ... I end up with 3 L lens and bunch of Canon speciality lens (1.4 & macro).... Damn Canon....

with the 1.6 it really screw the wide end of L lenses. Ls offers superior quality hands down but 1.6 messes the wide end. I can shoot a wedding with just a 28-70 on film but with digi I need to keep switching beteen my wide and teles just to get 28mm and since I am willing to splurge for quality why cant they give a pro version of the same lens? Sometimes at wedding moments come and go so fast and it slows me down to switch lenses.

Well, Canon have 300D and 10D for consumer market..... And 1D & 1Ds for pro, therefore for wedding, these last two are the one for the wedding. I assume in early next year or end of next year, there will be an equivalent of EOS 3 for digital which is 10Mb 1.3 that cost around 3500-4000 SGD which will be an excellent camera for wedding.

Again 10D or 20D should not be considered as pro camera....... although the pricing still say otherwise (caomparing to film camera).

javaman said:
Well, Canon have 300D and 10D for consumer market..... And 1D & 1Ds for pro, therefore for wedding, these last two are the one for the wedding. I assume in early next year or end of next year, there will be an equivalent of EOS 3 for digital which is 10Mb 1.3 that cost around 3500-4000 SGD which will be an excellent camera for wedding.

Again 10D or 20D should not be considered as pro camera....... although the pricing still say otherwise (caomparing to film camera).

i still stay on with my 10D and stay away from the ef-s lenses, cos i be getting a pro Digital-body sooner or later, gotten film body, already got the normal ef lenses, why kill yourself over this, like changing systems within systems. Yes i pray for a eos 3D in the near future, hold on to my 10D for now.

Belle&Sebastain said:
i still stay on with my 10D and stay away from the ef-s lenses, cos i be getting a pro Digital-body sooner or later, gotten film body, already got the normal ef lenses, why kill yourself over this, like changing systems within systems. Yes i pray for a eos 3D in the near future, hold on to my 10D for now.
Same sentiments here dude. Dun think the specs of the 20D warrant an upgrade for me (also a 10D owner). Still anticipating the "3D", probably won't be announced this year, next year perhaps. If not, then like what you said, get a "1" series body as the next step up.

Has anyone done any comparison on the difference in optical quality between the EF-S 18-55mm and say the 17-40L? Ok, I know this is comparing an L with a cheapo kit lens but how telling is the difference? I suppose the 10-22mm will have quality about the same as the 18-55mm?

If Canon makes a 10-22mm L, I'm sure lenses like the 17-40 will lose their popularity among digital users. Not wise move. Anyway, as someone said, full-fledge pros for weddings and such will use cams like the 1D MkII or 1Ds, not a 10D or 20D with the 1.6x FLM.

Sometimes I also think it's a marketing ploy rather than a limitation in technology. For eg, I always dream of a 70-400mm f/4L IS lens that weighs 1kg or less and priced about $2K. That would be THE all purpose lens without the weight and bulk of the giant f/2.8L IS. I believe it's possible but doubt Canon will want to make it.

wha..this is a MUST buy! Hope it is below the $600 mark :)

Garion said:
Same sentiments here dude. Dun think the specs of the 20D warrant an upgrade for me (also a 10D owner). Still anticipating the "3D", probably won't be announced this year, next year perhaps. If not, then like what you said, get a "1" series body as the next step up.

10D->20D is a very significant upgrade, much more than D60->10D!

If you want a 1 series, get it, 3D or whatever it will is not 1 series.

P.S. I thought you're switching camp? :devil: :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.