Not open for further replies.

919956g

I was think ing of getting a
CANON EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM

but it cost about S$1250 nett

Then i came across this..........
TAMRON AF 17-50mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF)

which is more economical S$575 nett

wonder should i get athe second choice, save up a little more to buy a 400D?

I have not used the lenses before but according to reviews they are both very sharp lenses. Now, do you think you need the IS? If you don't then I suppose you can save the money and get the Tamron instead.

AIYAH...estimate only lahhhh
DAMN nice len;)

Hello... sorry ah, i was also just curious where can we get the Tamron at $575 nett?

The tamron has some drawbacks... the autofocusing is definately slower than the canon f2.8 (it will be obvious during usage). Another thing is that the autofocusing is rather noisy..."eeeeeeeeee" when the motor moves...

For IS, it is not necessary useful at the wideangle focal length. In my opinion, it is not so important.

Otherwise, it is a very good price if you get a tamron and if you can live with some of the lens' drawbacks.

I think the tamron is pretty value for money.Its a constant F2.8 and much much cheaper than Canon's 17-55IS.IMHO IS is not needed at this short focal length.to be honest,i cant justify paying so much for a short focal length lens;p
i would go the economical way:)

AIYAH...estimate only lahhhh
DAMN nice len;)
Scared me. Got myself one earlier from Alan Photo.. coupled with a Hoya UV Multi-Coated filter. Total Damage $1550. No doubt not the cheapest around but I had to get it urgently. :sweatsm:

Pretty good leans. Haven't really used it much but initial impression's :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:Later,

Scared me. Got myself one earlier from Alan Photo.. coupled with a Hoya UV Multi-Coated filter. Total Damage $1550. No doubt not the cheapest around but I had to get it urgently. :sweatsm:

Pretty good leans. Haven't really used it much but initial impression's :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:Later,
That's a good price already...they quoted me $1530 (last month) lens alone....:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.