Canon EF Lens Collector Cup

Venom81

Nov 16, 2004
Arguably one of the hottest swag items among photographers covering the XXI Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver last month was a travel coffee mug given out by Canon. Called the Canon EF Lens Collector Cup, it resembles an EF 70-200mm f/4L lens. And it's coming to a photo store near you.

Canon EF Lens Collector Cup is CDN$24.87 + 5% GST + shipping from The Camera Store

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-10049-10562

3666_canon_mug_03_thumb.jpg

I wonder when SG will start to sell. :bsmilie:

E-bay pre-order is ridiculously overpriced.. Waitin for the launch. :)

Is there anyway we can pressure Canon Singapore to bring these in?

Apparently there are a few versions. So far I've seen 70-200, 24-105, 180 macro.

Hope to collect these.

Where did you see the 180 macro? Any link? Thanks.

Thought it was quite novel when I first saw it. Now the novelty has worn off slightly (just like the Canon 5D Mk2 USB), and the fact that people are rushing to grab it like "Hello Kitty" toys, I could do without it.

However, if it is widely available in Singapore for a reasonable price, I may reconsider! ;p

Is $35 too much for a coffee mug?

I just hope that no one is going to put them into a box and sell them as the real thing. :think:

Waiting for the 1D Toaster. Every toast is picture perfect! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bsmilie:

I’m camping out for 77mm lens cap cup coaster.

Oh wait….

It may Start a Nic list to show Canon Sg.
Whose will be interest to purchase the Canon EF lens Collector CUP.:lovegrin:
May let canon Sg decide to bring it to s'pore shore or not.:think:
Important. have enough profit shall canon Sg will do it for local canon fans.

EF-70-200 F4 IS collector cup.
1)
2)
3)

EF 24-105 F4 IS collector cup
1)
2)
3),

Whose will be interest to purchase the Canon EF lens Collector CUP.:lovegrin:
May let canon Sg decide to bring it to s'pore shore or not.:think:

1)
2)
3)

1)
2)
3),

1) oTaRu
2)
3)

1) oTaRu
2)
3)

I drink lots of coffee.... got any size like a EF 600mm f4 L :bsmilie:

unlikely they'd ever bring it to singapore. forgive me for being cynical, but i'm sure many would agree that they're the last to cut prices (if at all), the last to bring in new cameras, don't offer any rebates for canon lenses from time to time, and the list goes on.

unlikely they'd ever bring it to singapore. forgive me for being cynical, but i'm sure many would agree that they're the last to cut prices (if at all), the last to bring in new cameras, don't offer any rebates for canon lenses from time to time, and the list goes on.

Thanks to distributors like them, there is room for parallel importers. I remember years ago when parallel importers started bringing in a certain brand of Japanese car that has airbags AND still cost less than the official distributors' product.

When asked about it by the local newspaper, their defense was that if deployed, the airbags are going to be very expensive to replace! Fact is, if you're in an accident serious enough to cause the airbags to deploy, the last thing you need to worry about is how much the replacement airbags are going to cost.

Sorry to go off-topic, but arrogant, over-charging, inflexible official distributors really tick me off :angry:

With current internet/info technology, I’m sure and I hope someone will bring this to Singapore online. Only issue is at what price.

Whose will be interest to purchase the Canon EF lens Collector CUP.
May let canon Sg decide to bring it to s'pore shore or not.

1) oTaRu
2) Ringwraiths
3)

1) oTaRu
2) Ringwraiths
3),