Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

mummyjoys

Any photographer uses this lens? How was it?

BTW, most of the time I'll be at home (sometimes outdoor) to take kids' photographs. Is it suitable for me to get this lens? As you know, our HDB flat hmm.. quite restricted.

Please advise, thanks :)

Or the 50mm F1.4

Hmm... I got that 50mm f 1.8. :) But do you think it's sufficient enough for the kids'/group portraits? What's your other lens recommendation for indoor photography?

agree with flip 35 f2 cost bout the same as 85mm, able to take wider perspective. Only problem is that it's a little noisy (compared to f1.4L which I'm using). But excellent lens, 85mm is no way to be used in hdb, unless ur taking from the coridoor :bsmilie:

if you don't mind a 3rd party lens, can also consider the sigma 30 f/1.4.

agree with flip 35 f2 cost bout the same as 85mm, able to take wider perspective. Only problem is that it's a little noisy (compared to f1.4L which I'm using). But excellent lens, 85mm is no way to be used in hdb, unless ur taking from the coridoor :bsmilie:

noisy with higher ISO? ISO 200-400 indoor, alright?

I'm also using 35L to shoot my kids. The MFD is short so I can do closeup. 85 is definately out of the question unless you are shooting them outdoors. If you thinking about shooting groups photos during birthday parties etc, than I would suggest Tamron 17-50 or Canon 17-55 with ext flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.