Canon ef 50mm f 1.8 ii

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicholasii

Nov 10, 2008
Singapore, Bedok
Hi guys,

I need help on some question.

1. I heard that canon ef 50mm f 1.8 ii comes in made in Japan and made in Malaysia ? Am i right?
If its true, is there a price difference?

2.How many mm should i get for my uv filter?
What is the cheapest uv filter that i can find for this lens?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I need help on some question.

1. I heard that canon ef 50mm f 1.8 ii comes in made in Japan and made in Malaysia ? Am i right?
If its true, is there a price difference?

2.How many mm should i get for my uv filter?
What is the cheapest uv filter that i can find for this lens?

Thanks!

1. When i bought mine years back, was a made in japan one. Now u can't find it anymore for new one, only made in m'sia. Price is the same.

2. This lens filter diameter is 52mm.

1. When i bought mine years back, was a made in japan one. Now u can't find it anymore for new one, only made in m'sia. Price is the same.

2. This lens filter diameter is 52mm.

Thanks. Do you feel a hood or a uv filter would be better in protecting the lens?

Yeah. I have a hood and filter for all my lens. Even when i had the 50mm f/1.8 II, i also went to buy the hood (ES-62)

Icic Hmm being a student, my budget quite tight . What are your views , if uv protector or lens hood more worth?

Thanks

between the hood and filter, i say get the filter. it cost only around ten bucks (the cheapest one u can find, uvguard hoya).
Hood is for blocking away unwanted rays of light whereas a filter usually is more for protection,.

between the hood and filter, i say get the filter. it cost only around ten bucks (the cheapest one u can find, uvguard hoya).
Hood is for blocking away unwanted rays of light whereas a filter usually is more for protection,.

Agree with this. You can improvise by using your hand as a hood if the sunlight is too strong.

50mm f1.8 is a very good piece of lens and it's worth every cent.

Have fun.

I'd say: get a hood. It protects against flare and also against other bumps and hits. The filter doesn't help much but will increase the chances for flare, especially when you just get the cheapest piece on the shelf. Secondly, the front elements is quite recessed compared to many other lenses. It really needs some talent to touch it under normal conditions.

Hood is $28 when i got it last time at Bally Photo at Funan.

Ok thanks for the information :) . I going down cp-m tomorrow evening after work to get this lens. price is $105 without GST and pay in cash. I think the price is few dollars more exp than some shop. But its in a more convenience location.

Thanks !

Ok thanks for the information :) . I going down cp-m tomorrow evening after work to get this lens. price is $105 without GST and pay in cash. I think the price is few dollars more exp than some shop. But its in a more convenience location.

Thanks !

All right then, this lens is really value for money. :)

I dont use filter for this lens. Pics quality drop ..

I dont use filter for this lens. Pics quality drop ..

I agree. Unless you get an expensive filter like the B+W that costs almost as much as the lens itself.:)

I've a friend that doesn't put any filter or hood. He says that if he scratches the lens, he will just get a new one. So far, he hasn't scratched his yet ;)

I agree. Unless you get an expensive filter like the B+W that costs almost as much as the lens itself.:)

I've a friend that doesn't put any filter or hood. He says that if he scratches the lens, he will just get a new one. So far, he hasn't scratched his yet ;)

Wow rich sia. To me all my equipment are impt regardless of how cheap or expensive they are.

oops, forgot to add, only for his 50mm f1.8 only
All his other lenses have B+W filters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.