Canon EF 16-35 f/4L IS

yeap...asking price does not mean selling price :)

You will be surprised. You can do a search that most sellers are able to sell at $1,200. I guess that the primary reason is that this lens is new in the market, so the second market has limited supplies which caused the resale price to be higher.

Bought it at SLR Revolution and after trying out for a few days, I must say it is an extremely good lens for the money. To top it off, it's not a heavy lens. Definitely a keeper!

Not heavy because its mostly plastic! I just got mine today. Called most places all no stock. Managed to find one for my trip tomm

So popular?? I am planning to buy one this week actually.

You will be surprised. You can do a search that most sellers are able to sell at $1,200. I guess that the primary reason is that this lens is new in the market, so the second market has limited supplies which caused the resale price to be higher.

Actually quite readily available at most of the usual shops in funan when I asked. Doubt any seller will update their posts with actual price sold, so not much point searching thru bns.

I for one won't pay 1200 for a 2nd hand copy when new ones are below 1.3k

Actually quite readily available at most of the usual shops in funan when I asked. Doubt any seller will update their posts with actual price sold, so not much point searching thru bns.

I for one won't pay 1200 for a 2nd hand copy when new ones are below 1.3k
My point exactly.

It's a whole different feel buying from a actual retail shop and from someone else.
Plus I get a piece of mind knowing the gear I've just bought is 99% free from defects.

Quick update for all interested in this lens...Called all the shops at Funan today. There's no stock until next week.

Quick update for all interested in this lens...Called all the shops at Funan today. There's no stock until next week.

Wah... hot stuff. :bsmilie: I can attest to its AWESOME optical quality. For those who are waiting to get a copy, let me tell you it's worthwhile! :bsmilie:

That may explain why buyers are willing to pay a high price for a second hand copy.

That may explain why buyers are willing to pay a high price for a second hand copy.

Feels like the first batch of Apple iPhone 6.. wait for a few months and it will hit the market again at "normal" price.

Ok i just bought the lens. Stock just arrived yesterday if anyone is interested. It is really good, and the images kinda pop a bit. But it doesn't pop anywhere like the 24-70 f/2.8 II. But then again, it's a S$1295 UWA zoom lens. It performs superbly well imo for this category of lens. Much better than the 16-35 f/2.8 II, all around. Definitely a good value lens to me!

Ok i just bought the lens. Stock just arrived yesterday if anyone is interested. It is really good, and the images kinda pop a bit. But it doesn't pop anywhere like the 24-70 f/2.8 II. But then again, it's a S$1295 UWA zoom lens. It performs superbly well imo for this category of lens. Much better than the 16-35 f/2.8 II, all around. Definitely a good value lens to me!

Which shop did you get it from?

This thread so tempin for mi to buy this lens as well , will have to see yr end bonus how much lol

im quite skeptical with the consistency of 3rd party lenses. a tamron 17-50 f2.8 that i've used previously had this error message here and there between shoots. not exactly pleasant. but then again, if you are doing landscape...it doesn't matter.

Yes very nicely done! I especially like the first photo.

So tempting to get this glass after reading this thread n reviews..I end up myself at Click store n bought 1 for myself.
too bad it's raining outside not able to test it.

Can't resist, bought myself a CNY present. :)