Canon EF 16-35 f/4L IS

got it this afternoon. s$129x. the pic was taken at 16mm.

ATTACH=CONFIG]3204[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• $testing_20_Jun.jpg
    $testing_20_Jun.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Very nice piece of lenses.

14284054728_e68547f8ab_c.jpg

16mm, F/11, ISO100

Yep. Let's hope the lens profiles on ACR get released soon. Looks like we got it before US release though.

Yeah huh. There are no reviews of this lens anywhere aside from those based on the specs a month ago.

Yep. Let's hope the lens profiles on ACR get released soon. Looks like we got it before US release though.
The price seems unusually low too.

I would have expected a bigger markup than that of the current price...

Plus it's cheaper than what it would've cost to buy it from BH. Amazing. Hoping it's the start of a new pricing trend by Canon SG.

Plus it's cheaper than what it would've cost to buy it from BH. Amazing. Hoping it's the start of a new pricing trend by Canon SG.

I wonder how well Canon DSLRs are selling in Singapore. I suspect a significant fraction has migrated to MILCs... The high pricing of DSLRs, poor MILC offerings from Canon and bad reputation of Canon sensors are turning many away. This may just be a move to woo more photographers to stay put. :bsmilie:

I wonder how well Canon DSLRs are selling in Singapore. I suspect a significant fraction has migrated to MILCs... The high pricing of DSLRs, poor MILC offerings from Canon and bad reputation of Canon sensors are turning many away. This may just be a move to woo more photographers to stay put. :bsmilie:
Saw their marketing pamphlet, class leading 18MP sensor...:bsmilie:

The price seems unusually low too.

I would have expected a bigger markup than that of the current price...

Yep. Was surprised when I was quoted the street price. Was expecting around 1.6k but then the RRP is around that.

Better get a copy soon before someone in Canon SG realises their mistake.

Hahaha. I think most of those who got it except the ones who pre-order probably think that way.

I first thought the retailer made a mistake until I checked the forum prices... :bsmilie:

I am contemplating if I should use the 16-35 f/4 and 50 f/1.4 lenses as my walkabout lens combo...

I first thought the retailer made a mistake until I checked the forum prices... :bsmilie:

I am contemplating if I should use the 16-35 f/4 and 50 f/1.4 lenses as my walkabout lens combo...

It works well - 6D + 16-35 f4

IMG_0471 by yimING_, on Flickr

IMG_0464 by yimING_, on Flickr

IMG_0390 by yimING_, on Flickr

IMG_0616 by yimING_, on Flickr

Please share the picture taken at 16mm wide open.

Sorry I did not bother to share picture because I think lens performance is best illustrated through comparisons. Since I do not have the 17-40 or any other ultrawide lens at the moment, I'll let others have a go at it. Take a look here for example.

For those folks who claim Canon is incapable of designing decent ultrawide zooms, how does the crow taste? :bsmilie: Even the el cheapo EF-S 10-18 delivers superlative performance in a lightweight package.

Sorry I did not bother to share picture because I think lens performance is best illustrated through comparisons. Since I do not have the 17-40 or any other ultrawide lens at the moment, I'll let others have a go at it. Take a look here for example.

For those folks who claim Canon is incapable of designing decent ultrawide zooms, how does the crow taste? :bsmilie: Even the el cheapo EF-S 10-18 delivers superlative performance in a lightweight package.
The 10-18's sharpness is really up there, even better than the 10-22 when stopped down, although there's not much difference.

Distortion control goes to the 10-22 though, the 10-18 isn't too far off and by no means the distortion control is bad, it's still pretty good.

Mind sharing about the bad reputation of canon sensor? It may affect my decision on my next camera. Thanks

Mind sharing about the bad reputation of canon sensor? It may affect my decision on my next camera. Thanks

Not a bad reputation per se. Rather, there has not been any significant jump in sensor technology from Canon for awhile where the APS-C bodies are concerned.