Canon doing well in a camera industry slump

s598719

Oct 27, 2006
Full year net income may total 260 billion yen ($3.3 billion), 18 percent higher than the company’s April prediction, it said in a statement today. Canon also increased its forecasts for revenue, operating profit and sales of single-lens reflex cameras used by professionals................Canon raised the forecast for sales of cameras with interchangeable lenses, typically used by professionals, to 7.3 million units from 7 million predicted earlier. The forecast for sales of compact cameras was kept unchanged at 20 million units.........................Demand for high-end cameras including models with interchangeable lenses is robust in China and India ..................Global shipments of digital-cameras tumbled 7 percent in units and 17 percent in value during the first five months of 2011 from a year earlier.

rocketatw

Jan 15, 2010
actually to be honest, most of us not really interested to know how much Canon earn with their interchareable lenses, but i think most of us will be interested to know how much Canon sell their lenses in the near future.:bsmilie:

Last edited:

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
Good for Canon. It seemed like they are going the right way in the market.

Really we must congratulate them for a job well done. It was the effort of everyone in the company that make things work to their advantage.

(PS. I don't buy Canon shares and it had nothing to do with this topic).

s598719

Oct 27, 2006
actually to be honest, most of us not really interested to know how much Canon earn with their interchareable lenses, but i think most of us will be interested to know how much Canon sell their lenses in the near future.:bsmilie:
The 2 are related. Industry is over-supply with cameras mean prices are ever going lower for bodies. But once u buy their bodies, you are stuck to buying their lens whose prices never drop. :)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
this is not a discussion has anything related to cameras, lenses or any equipments they produce.

thread moved to..........

yes you are right, sorry no prize.

Top Bottom