Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea whether the G11 or S90 is included in this program?

Confirmed any Canon cam can be use.

Just went down to csc and was told 2 weeks. Hope can get in 3 days.

You wouldn't believe the film cam I give them was from Sungei Road for $5, no question asked.

For those with no cam or cam still workable, why not get it from Sungei Road. Just find the cheapest Canon cam u can find. The one I give them looks like the one in my son's boxes of toys, very bad condition.

I do still have my workable pns with me which I can let my 5 years old son to take pictures with or even my mum can use it.

Just bring your cam to csc and tell them u want the privilege purchase. Full Stop. Very easy.

Just for your info.

Confirmed any Canon cam can be use.

Just went down to csc and was told 2 weeks. Hope can get in 3 days.

You wouldn't believe the film cam I give them was from Sungei Road for $5, no question asked.

For those with no cam or cam still workable, why not get it from Sungei Road. Just find the cheapest Canon cam u can find. The one I give them looks like the one in my son's boxes of toys, very bad condition.

I do still have my workable pns with me which I can let my 5 years old son to take pictures with or even my mum can use it.

Just bring your cam to csc and tell them u want the privilege purchase. Full Stop. Very easy.

Just for your info.

:thumbsup:

Hahaha... I've been wondering whether something like that would work. Thanks for the update! :D

believe andy bought the 500d Kit II, 18mm to 200mm lens ;)

hi guys,

do they consider 100% working EOS 5D to an EOS 5D MK2?

hi guys,

actually the program is for spoiled cameras that cannot be feasibly repaired but they close one eye and accept any canon.

and it is limited to the lower end cameras, no pro series so definitely go 5D2. i believe its mainly 500D altho some have got 50D. no 7D either.

you're better off selling the 5D resale rather than swapping anyway. the value of the trade in camera is the same regardless of condition age and type.

hi guys,

It is not a trade in program, it s a privileged purchase program.

actually the program is for spoiled cameras that cannot be feasibly repaired but they close one eye and accept any canon.

and it is limited to the lower end cameras, no pro series so definitely go 5D2. i believe its mainly 500D altho some have got 50D. no 7D either.

you're better off selling the 5D resale rather than swapping anyway. the value of the trade in camera is the same regardless of condition age and type.

Isn't the program on a case by case basis? Of course trying to drop of a pns for a 5dmk2 would be excessive, but going from a 5d to 5d2 not be reasonable?

Just collected my 500D Kit II during lunch.

Surprise gifts, there is a promo starting from today till 25 Nov for online registration.

Free 50mm F1.8 Lens, plus EOS Camera Bag for the promo period, applicable for Body, Kit1, and Kit2 package.

Of course got the 8gb SD Card (cheap Pendrive), and EOS 500d guide book.

Trading in for 50D is not available.

Hi mlwang,

Is the 'Surprise gifts' given to anyone who buy any DSLR cams or just for those who buy 500D?

petricnah, see the link posted by xhui.

The gifts came as a surprise to me as it was not published on the website on the day i collected, even the guys at the showroom were surprised that I requested for the 50mm prime lens.

It has become official now. Different models will enjoy different gifts, check out the link.

Last edited:
Isn't the program on a case by case basis? Of course trying to drop of a pns for a 5dmk2 would be excessive, but going from a 5d to 5d2 not be reasonable?

Single digit eg 5d, 7d is not covered under the program. max you can go is 500d kit II.

I am newbie. This might be a stupid question so pardon my ignorance.

Will it be more worthwhile to look at the 500D kit I + EFS 55-250mm lens (purchase with purhase) or the 500D kit II by itself.

Any comments will be helpful.

So you mean if I can only go for 500D or 50D on this program?
No 7D or 5D mk ii?

yah, no single digit dslr (xD) for this program. But last heard/seen from this thread that the 50D has been "out" for a while. not sure what's the status of them having the 50D on the program again.

I am newbie. This might be a stupid question so pardon my ignorance.

Will it be more worthwhile to look at the 500D kit I + EFS 55-250mm lens (purchase with purhase) or the 500D kit II by itself.

Any comments will be helpful.

Hi Ahren,

What's you'r budget? If the added 55-250 is ok with you, i think its quite an ok package (which you cover the wide 18-55 and the tele long side of the 55-250).

These 2 lenses should serve you well for a while before you start looking around for those more expensive lenses.

Thks for the link.
With this Privilege Purchase Program(500D body at $952 ) + free gift(EF 50 f1.8mm len) this make it more affordable to start this hobby. ;)

No problem. Then you might want to consider your other accessories like the dry cabinet etc :)

Thks for the link.
With this Privilege Purchase Program(500D body at $952 ) + free gift(EF 50 f1.8mm len) this make it more affordable to start this hobby. ;)

Well, 1000D costs only $800 nett, with 18-55mm IS + 50mm lens... super worth it... ;)

imho, the IQ and hi-iso noise in 1000D is superb :) thinking of picking it up again :bsmilie:
I sold mine earlier this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.