Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone knows do Canon take in the old film type camera for this program?

Anyone knows do Canon take in the old film type camera for this program?
WHat film camera are yours? I wanna know about privillage purchase wiht Film cameras too. :)

I found an old cannon at Fort Siloso, can I trade it in under the privilege purchase program?

WHat film camera are yours? I wanna know about privillage purchase wiht Film cameras too. :)

Those very old one.. I think 20 years ago. My father camera...

just get 500d body today, only has 8gb card (pendrive) + lensbook only. no bag at all...

I found an old cannon at Fort Siloso, can I trade it in under the privilege purchase program?
Cannot, think of ways to remove the additional "n". :p

No, all single digit models are excluded such as EOS 5D mk II, 7D and 1-series.

EOS 50D is out of stock for quite some time, so only left with EOS 500D.

:( thought of getting 7D since I got a old canon to trade in !

I thought of upgrading my camera. But do you think I should trade in my canon fully functional 400D for maybe a 50D is worth it? Or selling my cam off as second hand more worthwhile

how muchy is a 50D body after doing the trade in?

Just collected my 500D Kit II during lunch.

Surprise gifts, there is a promo starting from today till 25 Nov for online registration.

Free 50mm F1.8 Lens, plus EOS Camera Bag for the promo period, applicable for Body, Kit1, and Kit2 package.

Of course got the 8gb SD Card (cheap Pendrive), and EOS 500d guide book.

Trading in for 50D is not available.

Just collected my 500D Kit II during lunch.

Surprise gifts, there is a promo starting from today till 25 Nov for online registration.

Free 50mm F1.8 Lens, plus EOS Camera Bag for the promo period, applicable for Body, Kit1, and Kit2 package.

Of course got the 8gb SD Card (cheap Pendrive), and EOS 500d guide book.

Trading in for 50D is not available.

wah... means after u register warranty then u go back and collect the 50mm lens? or u collect it all at the same time?

I got my camera from service center 4th floor, went to first floor show room, tell them i want to register online, went to a desktop computer in the showroom, register immediately, print the copies of the online register, and they pass me all the freebies. All in one go, I dont want to go back another time :p

Last edited:
wow good deal :D
how much is a 50mm F1.8 Lens ?

Hi all, i would like to enquire on the following...
How long does it take for you to collect the camera?
lets say, i go to trade in with this privellge program on saturday morning, roughly when can i pick up?
Do i need a singapore handphone number and mailing address in order to register for warranty?
I am from across the causeway residing in Jb, currently outstation to KL. thats why i need to know when can i pick up the camera as i plan to purchase 500D kit1. Now with the 50mmf1.8 and EOS bag thrown in the package, that sounds like a sweet deal to me... I am just a newbie trying to get my hands on a DSLR and start learning. However, the 500d package aint cheap in malaysia.. trying to save some $$$, and where can i get the screen protector from?

pardon my noobness, just trying to start this new found hobby of mine.

Pls enlighten, thanks..;p

50mm F1.8 Lens cost around $120-$130.

DJmobile, the collection really depend on your luck. Last week when i traded in on Tuesday, I was told that there is no stock for Kit II, and have to wait for 2-3 months, but on Thurs, I got sms to inform that the camera is ready for collection.

For Kit I, think they have ready stock, but still have to wait about 3 days, as I was told by the customer service.

Screen protector you can buy online or any camera shop, eg Cathay Photo at Peninsular Plaza, check out this forum for the online sites.

For the registration, you can check the terms and conditions here, http://goto.canon.com.sg/warranty/terms.html

There is clause, Unless otherwise specified in the Warranty Card, the Limited Warranty is valid only in Singapore.

You can call the service hotline to ask: +65 6799 8686, or email them http://www.canon.com.sg/section/contactus/

thanks ML wang for the prompt reply...
guess i have to pay a visit to harbour front service centre and come back another week later to collect, and register @ level one so i dont have to make another trip there later..
I think now is quite a good time to buy as with the extra lens...
maybe they are clearing for new 550d to come in? nevertheless, will still stick to 500d as it is good enough for me..

yes.. the xxxD series seems to hv replacement every 1 to 1.5 yrs .. so by right, by mid of next year u might see a new replacement of 500D

The canon website is now updated with the promo, For 500D series, SD 8GB, EOS Bag & EOS 500D User Guide
#Online Warranty Promo: EF 50 f1.8mm lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.