canon BG-E2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
i want to ask does the new bg-e2n have include a bp-511a battery in the grip when buying or just the grip only that come in with the package .

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
so u mean i have to buy another extra bp-511a battery ??

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
so i want to ask the phottix bp-40d has the same quality as the original one ,got weather seal ?????

auden09

Jul 22, 2009
Singapore
after using the BG-E2N i feel that the canon grip isn't very solid. and i doubt the weather-sealing too. the sealing comes off easily and it isn't rubber. its juz some sponge thingy. tears off easily. and the connection isn't very solid too. u will notice your battery indicator may sometimes tell u its full, half full and den full again juz by holding onto the grip and moving it ard. because of this i'm steering clear of battery grips these days.

pplneedthelord

Sep 18, 2007
serangoon
so i want to ask the phottix bp-40d has the same quality as the original one ,got weather seal ?????
the phottix grip feels slightly less strong than the original canon one.

after using the BG-E2N i feel that the canon grip isn't very solid. and i doubt the weather-sealing too. the sealing comes off easily and it isn't rubber. its juz some sponge thingy. tears off easily. and the connection isn't very solid too. u will notice your battery indicator may sometimes tell u its full, half full and den full again juz by holding onto the grip and moving it ard. because of this i'm steering clear of battery grips these days.
is a 20D/30D/40D/50D fully* weather sealed? i guess not. if so, is there a need for the BG-E2N to be weather sealed?

* Edit

Last edited:

auden09

Jul 22, 2009
Singapore
i guess not. yeah actually why need to weather seal ah? 50D isn't exactly weather-sealed also. but then again, the BG feels kinda shoddy to me. from wad i read 5D's bg is also like that. the bg-e7 however sits solidly onto the 7d nicely and tightly...oh well. i'm no longer a fan of bg now. haha!

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
so buy the original BG-E2N or the phottix BG-E2N ???

auden09

Jul 22, 2009
Singapore
i always prefer original. when sh*t happens...theres one person u can turn to. CSC. but then again i've heard reports of 3rd party grips being more solid than the original one. how? i dunno, for me...i totally skipped the whole BG thing because somehow there's a known bug with xxD's line of grips.

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
but my budget is tight

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast
auden09, I think you are simply unlucky to have had a slightly faulty original Canon battery grip lah... :)

auden09

Jul 22, 2009
Singapore
well maybe that's the case. however after doing some online research i found other users with this problem too. anyway lose connection can simply be ironed out with some tapes, but i dun like that idea so i sold it off to fund for the 270ex. which i dun mind la..cuz i'm also tight on my budget and i need an external flash more than a bg with only ONE batt inside. lol! but den again without the bg i found myself shooting most of my shots in portrait orientation.

limwhow

Jun 9, 2009
Life revolves arOnd East Coast
well maybe that's the case. however after doing some online research i found other users with this problem too. anyway lose connection can simply be ironed out with some tapes, but i dun like that idea so i sold it off to fund for the 270ex. which i dun mind la..cuz i'm also tight on my budget and i need an external flash more than a bg with only ONE batt inside. lol! but den again without the bg i found myself shooting most of my shots in portrait orientation.
Haha... now without your BG, for your portrait shots, you would be shooting in chicken wing mode. :bsmilie:

Yoh

Dec 11, 2004
so buy the original BG-E2N or the phottix BG-E2N ???
Phottix grip is pretty okay though. Tried it along with Canon BG-E2 and BG-E2N grips and didn't feel much difference. :)

hanracing

Dec 24, 2009
so the battery buy the original one or phottix one ,which one durable is much longer

Status
Not open for further replies.