Canon batteries enquiry

Kenji

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
alexq.multiply.com
How long do I have to charge my BP511A battery in order to be full? When I charge for long hours like 8, it only show me left one bar on the camera. So I thought my battery is dying. So I bought another original new one, after charging and use the first time, it show full bar on the camera but the 2nd time when I charge and put into my camera, it show one bar again. Ok, I went to buy a 3rd party and charge for the first time and it show full bar on the camera. Now it's my 2nd time to use this 3rd party battery and when I insert the battery to my camera, it show one bar again. Is my charger at fault or my camera at fault?

I'm using Canon 20D.

Check your cam battery connection.Are you using a battery grip?I myself also using 2nd hand 20D but there is no problem with me

I would like to suspect that it's the charger....Check the connection between the batt and the charger. Ensure got no rust (if got rust, time to change a charger), corrosion on the connecting pins (rubbing with an eraser might help).

If all things fail, time to visit the repair center.

Ignoring the power display, how many shots can you fire off using one battery?

First original battery only can last about 10 shot then it auto shut off. 3rd party can shoot at least 2 to 3 hrs and it goes flat. I had charge around 3 hrs. But when the camera show left one bar, I took out, rest for a while and put back, it show full bar again. I am doing a shoot now under aki's.

Do you have the chance to check with another body or a different charger? So far not really conclusive to me ..