Canon B&S - lacks integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezy1977

May 31, 2004
Loyang
Would like to share my experiences with two sellers of EF 17-40 in this forum.

1st seller
Had agreed to his selling price and while arranging for a time/place to meet up the next day... he sold off his lens on the very same day

a few days later

2nd seller
Had agreed to pay above his selling price and had actually confirmed a time to meet up the next day. But he back off the next day, saying that he wants to keep his lens.

Very disgusted by their lack of integrity. Not a man of word. :thumbsd:

Last edited:
For the first seller, probably its first-come-first-serve attitude because he also scared you fly his kite. The least he shd do is to inform you that he is gonna sell the lens away, unless u can meet him earlier than the other as priority shd go to you.

As for second seller, well.. **** happens

For the first seller, probably its first-come-first-serve attitude because he also scared you fly his kite. The least he shd do is to inform you that he is gonna sell the lens away, unless u can meet him earlier than the other as priority shd go to you.

As for second seller, well.. **** happens

i'm not sure about priority... but i honor what i say..

two weeks ago, I sold off a = set of lego collections for $900. The first buyer responded to me with my asking price. I agreed. But not long after, someone sms me to show his interest, and I told him that someone is buying. He sms to tell me that he is willing to buy at $1k. I told him sorry, I cannot sell him. He actually called me up to ask why... cos he very puzzled that I selling at a lower price... I told him integrity is above everything... but then again, he still couldn't understand, he is very puzzled over the phone...

anyway... i more of sadden than angry that ppl make "promises" so easily...

Last edited:
I can understand where you are coming from on this, but there is also the flip side of the coin. I had this happen to me several times, where a buyer confirms that they want to buy and ask me if we can meet up anywhere from tomorrow night till the upcoming weekend night. In the beginning, once I confirmed to the buyer then I kept my word. I had buyers trying to haggle price after confirming and even complaining that there is a lens being sold on cs right now that is slightly cheaper than the price they already confirmed to buy at.

So, some buyers will ask a seller to hold the product, and delay the meeting to give the buyer time to shop around.

That is why when I sell now, i always mention that I don't do reservations and its a first come first served basis. This way, don't really waste time and pass up legitimate buyers for someone "flying my kite".

other than having my time wasted a few times, the buyers and sellers here on clubsnap have been great. met some really nice honest people here all striving to learn how to take better photographs!

I wish there are more people like you around Singapore.

I have met buyers who express interest etc, only to back off in the last minute. Sigh. Only if eBay is more popular in Singapore... then both buyer and seller are bound by agreement.

I wish there are more people like you around Singapore.

I have met buyers who express interest etc, only to back off in the last minute. Sigh. Only if eBay is more popular in Singapore... then both buyer and seller are bound by agreement.

There are really two sides of the coin as some have already mentioned.

I know the feeling sucks,
to me so long as I'm given ample notification that its been sold or withheld, I am fine.

Last edited:
except me... .. hehe

recently I sold my 450D Kit ... i advertised $650 , $50 lower than many similar offers as i dont want to waste time... few SMS came but a lady asked to reserve it after i willing to give $640 ... anyway I dont hv a spare SD card to give, i willing to take off $10 upon her request

after that... few more SMS came offering $650 .. which i told them no, been reserved even though their price higher

Later that night, one SMS came with a $670 price as he claimed cannot get any 450D offered below $700 at that moment and he wanted it quick

I sold for $640 to the lady (she asked more discount .. then I showed her all the SMS i got... then she quickly paid, hahaha)

For the items I've sold in Buy and Sell, I've had on occasion received better offers after agreeing to meet another buyer who agreed to the lower price. I've never rescinded on my agreement, so you can say I've sold my items at a worse deal for me. But that's just me. I can understand and am sympathetic to sellers who want to sell at the highest price. If it happens to me as a potential buyer, I just count it as bad luck.

Honestly the lack of integrity is not just on the seller's part. These days I rarely agree to reserve an item for sale but will sell to the first person that meets my asking price is able to meet me asap. Too many times have I encountered a buyer who told me, I will come down tonight to collect, I call him half an hour before that and he says things like - nah, its quite late now... When we agreed to the timing earlier!

just 2 isolated cases surely don't mean the whole of canon b&s?

Would like to share my experiences with two sellers of EF 17-40 in this forum.

1st seller
Had agreed to his selling price and while arranging for a time/place to meet up the next day... he sold off his lens on the very same day

a few days later

2nd seller
Had agreed to pay above his selling price and had actually confirmed a time to meet up the next day. But he back off the next day, saying that he wants to keep his lens.

Very disgusted by their lack of integrity. Not a man of word. :thumbsd:

On the other hand, you gotta be glad that they didn't pull out from a deal moments before the agreed time. Hm.. for the 2nd case, how long did it take him to notify you?

Last edited:
A feedback/rating system would help.

except me... .. hehe

recently I sold my 450D Kit ... i advertised $650 , $50 lower than many similar offers as i dont want to waste time... few SMS came but a lady asked to reserve it after i willing to give $640 ... anyway I dont hv a spare SD card to give, i willing to take off $10 upon her request

after that... few more SMS came offering $650 .. which i told them no, been reserved even though their price higher

Later that night, one SMS came with a $670 price as he claimed cannot get any 450D offered below $700 at that moment and he wanted it quick

I sold for $640 to the lady (she asked more discount .. then I showed her all the SMS i got... then she quickly paid, hahaha)

thats the spirit bro!
i rather forgo the $30 (if sell to the highest offer) than to lose my integrity

just 2 isolated cases surely don't mean the whole of canon b&s?

of cos not bro... just to share my experiences... and of cos not going to reveal who they are, since they quite 'active' in this forum

On the other hand, you gotta be glad that they didn't pull out from a deal moments before the agreed time. Hm.. for the 2nd case, how long did it take him to notify you?

we had agreed to meet after 5pm that day... i just drop him to sms to confirm again the time to pick up, but he msg back to say he having second thought and want to keep the lens for now..
what makes me boil is that the day before, he ask me if I can top up slightly more for the lens, i said okay... but he back out the next day...

we had agreed to meet after 5pm that day... i just drop him to sms to confirm again the time to pick up, but he msg back to say he having second thought and want to keep the lens for now..
what makes me boil is that the day before, he ask me if I can top up slightly more for the lens, i said okay... but he back out the next day...

:sweat: That's really sudden. At least it ain't half as bad as the one I've encountered when I was selling my lens.

:sweat: That's really sudden. At least it ain't half as bad as the one I've encountered when I was selling my lens.

such encounters really sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.