Canon announces firmware update for EOS 5D Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Wow! and Wow! Finally, now I am a fan of canon more than ever.

thumbs up for canon, responding to customer demands ...

... still remember naysayers here, saying this would never come true.

i hope they also hear e cries for cheaper lens.don't follow footstep of nikon and end up retrenching workers due to falling demand.

Nikon will definitely reciprocate. Its good for us anyway.

Nice!

( although I do not use the HD video function :bsmilie: )

i hope they also hear e cries for cheaper lens.don't follow footstep of nikon and end up retrenching workers due to falling demand.

I don't think reducing price will enable any biz to sustain in the long run. Demand itself has a lot of complexities and price probably is just a small part of the equation.

Look at the prices of semi-conductors integrated circuits. It is a dirt cheap price but utilizes state of the art technology. But yet, when ever the economy is going town hill, it gets hit the hardest.

UPDATE: Canon DSLR with swivel LCD :)

Wooooooooooooot!!!

Wonder if they'll see a significant uptick in the number of people with new 5d mk2 now.

Canon , U are tak ke.:thumbsup: for 5D MKII on the HD improvement.
Indeed is a good update firmware for those use 5D MKII to capture images in video form...
user can control the setting by manual. it a beast out there,need some time to hone the skill.
It another ware for push the sale of 5D MKII.

It may part of marketing tactic to draw more user to canon system on HD function.
canon need to charter this area soon and strongly, which other mader still in the early stage.

canon, where a better response on the AF update firmware are ready???
It should match or better AF response close to 40D or 50D series.:lovegrin:

5D MKII user are waiting..................:p

I like taking video with Fish eye lens. It has very nice effect on the video especially when i move horizontally.

Hi guys, pardon my ignorance, I am a little confused....

While Aperture and ISO control are obvious, what do they mean by Exposure/Shutter control?

I thought the shutter is always open during video, what do they mean by 1/30 to 1/4000 shutter speed? Does this mean they simulate the motion blur at the specified shutter speed in video mode?

Hi guys, pardon my ignorance, I am a little confused....

While Aperture and ISO control are obvious, what do they mean by Exposure/Shutter control?

I thought the shutter is always open during video, what do they mean by 1/30 to 1/4000 shutter speed? Does this mean they simulate the motion blur at the specified shutter speed in video mode?
Think of it as if the camera does 30fps stills at 2 megapixels. Instead of a physical shutter curtain, the shutter control is entirely electronic (i.e. turning on and off the CMOS imaging sensor) in video mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.