Canon and Nikon mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambious

Hi to all, I'm pretty new in this forum. I had an intention to get a Canon 400D body and purchase Nikon AF lens. Will also get a converter for it. What's the pros and cons for mixing them?

As I'm still pondering on whether to get 400D or D40X. I understand that Nikon lens are much better compare to Canon lens, is it correct? Do hope u guys can help. Thanks...

Had tried searching for relevent info but don't seem to have it here.

Michael

Both Canon and Nikon makes good lenses. If you want to get a Canon camera, use Canon lenses, same for Nikon.

By the way, I don't think a D40 and a 400D are to be compared to each other, the 400D being much better feature wise.

Yeah, D40x is ultra entry level and you are not able to use AF even on certain Nikon lenses. Take note. That's why it is so much cheaper.

Why would you want to get a canon body to use nikon lenses?:confused: If you believe Nikon lenses are better,you should get a Nikon body then.I believe both Nikon's and Canon's lenses are on par.Besides if you get a Canon body and use the converter to use Nikon's lense,i believe you lose the ability to autofocus.

Hi Ambious, bad idea dude...pick a system and ride with it! Yup as earlier fellow CS'er mentions mixing Canon & Nikon lenses with Nikon & Canon bodies will kill the autofocus capabilities of the lenses. (although am told some Nikon lenses do work relatively ok on Canon bodies but not Canon lenses on Nikon bodies). But honestly mate...just stay within the system you pick...that is the best & most optimised approach...ALL THE BEST! :thumbsup:

if you really want to combine,
buy a 1DsMKII and a nikon 17-35, that would be a reason to combine.
for the range that you are getting, IMOP i think think it would be better to stick with one system. Trust me, even with best equipment, pic would still stuck if the photographer is bad.

if you really want to combine,
buy a 1DsMKII and a nikon 17-35, that would be a reason to combine.

Yupps... Good sensor plus good optics~ Seems like this is the most expensive and most combintation arnd;)

Who gave you the idea to combine Nikon lenses with Canon body? Bad advise.

Yupps... Good sensor plus good optics~ Seems like this is the most expensive and most combintation arnd;)
For me its like:

Black pepper crab is fantastic, you like it very much. Tom Yam soup is nice and refreshing, your favorite. You like both. Now, put them all in one plate and eat it :rolleyes: .

Regards,
Arto.

For me its like:

Black pepper crab is fantastic, you like it very much. Tom Yam soup is nice and refreshing, your favorite. You like both. Now, put them all in one plate and eat it :rolleyes: .

Regards,
Arto.

Nice analogy;)

:embrass: Hehe, got the point. It's actually I like D80 but due to budget, thought of getting 400D as the feature is much better than D40X and I can upgrade to better Nikon body next time without getting new set of lens.

Also, there's a thread around here that mention D40X have some restrictions and technical faults in it. That's why I'm having second thought on getting D40X.

Michael

:embrass: Hehe, got the point. It's actually I like D80 but due to budget, thought of getting 400D as the feature is much better than D40X and I can upgrade to better Nikon body next time without getting new set of lens.

Also, there's a thread around here that mention D40X have some restrictions and technical faults in it. That's why I'm having second thought on getting D40X.

Michael

Get a second hand D70/D70s?

Michael

Who's the joker that told you nikon lenses are much better than canon lenses in the first place? You sure you still want to trust him?

Who's the joker that told you nikon lenses are much better than canon lenses in the first place? You sure you still want to trust him?
Please, don't put flame bait here.

Both are equal. Both have advantages and disadvantages.

Regards,
Arto.

better perhap... but definitely not by that 'much'
the nikon kit lens is very impressive though....:thumbsup:

Michael
Changing system or thinking like what you want it currently will cost you more.

Regards,
Arto.

oooooooooohhhhh....i see the beginings of the eternal nikon v/s canon debate (or flame war!) about to start...runs to refill my popcorn....!! :cool:

oooooooooohhhhh....i see the beginings of the eternal nikon v/s canon debate (or flame war!) about to start...runs to refill my popcorn....!! :cool:
It won't happen if we can control ourself ;) .

Regards,
Arto.

I've a friend who really use a Canon/Nikon setup just like the good Ol Kwanon days

He's using a Canon 20D with a Micro Nikkor 105mm(non VR) thru a converter ring.
However, the AF is disabled in this setup...only Manual focussing...well that's the rub :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.