Canon AE 1 Prog

Status
Not open for further replies.

skseah

Jan 20, 2007
Hi,
I have got an old AE1 Prog body, anyone got suggestion what to do with it?...has it got any value?
Regards

Hi,
I have got an old AE1 Prog body, anyone got suggestion what to do with it?...has it got any value?
Regards

If you have a lens, try it out. It's a really sweet camera.

If you want to sell it and it's clean and functional and doesn't have the infamous A-series shutter squeal, you can probably get $150 for it.

Suggestion? Get some of those slide films lor and cross process them... for some reason, the trend is back again. I got sick and tired of these 10 years ago haha....

Else, if it's good condition, sell it, am sure you'll get buyers. It's a classic man...

I would keep it to shoot film when the urge to do so arises.
SLR prices has drop so drastically that you are not gonna get much even if sell it.
saw one just yesterday at Camera Workshop selling only for $150 and that, quite a good condition one.
I kept my Eos5 too.

you have got a FF camera there.:) i still have mine, in the dry box.:)

Get this...

010212-1302-49.jpg

010212-1308-28.jpg

Haha... kidding la, it's a proto-type that ended it's development years ago.

if its still good condition , i think my brother will consider as he collects old cameras.. post in BnS with photos.. and let me know la so i can go ask him see..

Hey! that is actually a damn good idea (excuse my french). I wonder why it didn't take off. Maybe too expensive. Would have made heartache a thing of the past with sensor dust and all. What do you know. Would have loved to get disposable digital film like that.

Edit: Read some of the discussion on DPreview. Would have been real tough competing with current digital camera. Wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Hi,
Thanks for all your suggestions...will get a battery and try out the camera and also look at the lenses..worried that they all have got fungus by now..not well kept...
Thanks again...

is this surpose to turn the camera into digital?
Yep. That proto-type was suppose to be ablee to capture images at 1.3MP. It stopped cuz production cost way too high and no match to DSLRs.

I've got the AE1P
Still haven't finished the roll in there because my other toys keeping me busy!

Hi,
Found the original Canon FD 50mm 1:1.8, but looking through it with the camera, it was hazy..
guess there must me fungus in the lens.
Will Canon Service accept it for their 'buy back' program ?
Regards

IMG_0939f.jpg

Hi all, I've just unearthed an AE-1 Program from my dad's old drybox, and I'm keen to play with it.

However, the lens appears to be cloudy, any ideas on what I can do to solve this problem?

Slightly off-topic, he also has some old Pentax lenses that are suffering from fungal infection, does anyone know where I can get them cleaned?

Hi,
Regards

Canon AE-1 Program in their era compared equal to EOS 5D

The top grade is Canon A-1

The A series generation using FD lenses and manual focus

Last edited:
Get this...

010212-1302-49.jpg

010212-1308-28.jpg

Haha... kidding la, it's a proto-type that ended it's development years ago.

Hahaha ..., DIGITAL BACK for analog cameras lol

Used it back in 1983.....sweet and nice...esp b&w pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.