Canon Advsiory - Counterfeit EF 50mm f1.8 II

Thanks for sharing but wondering is that so difficult for counterfeit manufacturers to add a space and make it look like genuine.
There should be some other way to find out counterfeit.

Ooh just as I was about to buy one. I got the newer STM version but the manual focus is somewhat fiddly with the focus by wire so I'm buying the original II. Will take note!

Yongnuo has been pretty much copying canon lenses for the past few years. Fortunately they brand it under their own name.

Yongnuo has been pretty much copying canon lenses for the past few years. Fortunately they brand it under their own name.
This must be an official licensing scheme, Canon would never allow such an obvious copy being sold. Also, the lenses 'copied' are pretty old: 50 f/1.8 and 35 f/2.
It rather looks to me as if Canon will soon release something new and they can easily give away the old designs to other manufacturers.

This must be an official licensing scheme, Canon would never allow such an obvious copy being sold. Also, the lenses 'copied' are pretty old: 50 f/1.8 and 35 f/2.
It rather looks to me as if Canon will soon release something new and they can easily give away the old designs to other manufacturers.

Hmm true, their 50 f1.8 STM and 35 f2 IS are pretty fantastic lenses too. But optically the canon and yongnuo lenses are different no? Just that cosmetically they look kind of similar right?

Hmm true, their 50 f1.8 STM and 35 f2 IS are pretty fantastic lenses too. But optically the canon and yongnuo lenses are different no? Just that cosmetically they look kind of similar right?

If I am not wrongly Yongnuo 50 & 35 have problem in AF at LiveView mode, esp with older camera without dual-pixel AF.

I think this is true for some of the canon new lens on old body.

Anyway it is good that at least yongnuo brand the lens under their name so thay we know where the lens is coming from.

Sent from my LG-H961N using Tapatalk