Canon A80 - Does photo printed out have date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlim

Aug 14, 2004
Err... Sorry for the dumb question. First time I am looking into getting a digital camera.

Does the photos shot with digital camera have the date? What I mean is the for analogue cameras, you have to buy the "date version" in order to have the date printed on your negatives / photos.

Thanks in advance.

latmo said:
dun think can print to the photo
but it is recorded in the exif(file info)

thanks for the reply. any idea if the same situation applies to all digital cameras? thanks.

not sure
but i use a kodak model before it have this function which i think not really useful
i rather have the whole picture and look at the exif for the info

For me I normally rename all photos with the date infront. So when you send for print, the date is printed BEHIND the photo. I rather keep the front as clean as possible.

tunster said:
For me I normally rename all photos with the date infront. So when you send for print, the date is printed BEHIND the photo. I rather keep the front as clean as possible.

the problem for me is that i stick my photos on those adhesive albums. i need the dates on the photo itself.... help ......

ordinaryless said:
if you really need dates on the front, just use batch processing in photoshop. Shouldn't be too troublesome i think..

hi,

thanks for the suggestion. sorry for the dumb question but i have never done digital photography before.

am i right that i can use photoshop to add in the date on the front? just choose all the photos and click on a command? simpole process? many thanks !!!

amlim said:
hi,

thanks for the suggestion. sorry for the dumb question but i have never done digital photography before.

am i right that i can use photoshop to add in the date on the front? just choose all the photos and click on a command? simpole process? many thanks !!!

You are right, u can write anytihng to the photo, jus record into an action save it. Next time u need to add dates to many pics, just use one of their commands and they'll repeat the process for every pics in the folder.

ordinaryless said:
You are right, u can write anytihng to the photo, jus record into an action save it. Next time u need to add dates to many pics, just use one of their commands and they'll repeat the process for every pics in the folder.

thanks for the info.

but does that mean first, i have to upload the photos from cf card to my pc to "add" the dates? after adding the dates, i have to burn it on cd-r and bring the cd-r to photolab for printing? or is it possible to save back to the cf card?

many thanks ! :thumbsup:

latmo said:
once you edit ...... well you can still save it to your cf card of cos
but can the camera read the picture is a question

thanks for the clarification. that means best to save on cd-r / cd-rw for bringing to photolab for printing? thanks.

amlim said:
thanks for the clarification. that means best to save on cd-r / cd-rw for bringing to photolab for printing? thanks.

YUP do not send your cards as the cards are more expensive than CDs and if there is any misplacement or loss, the pain is mininal. Also you tend to edit first before you send your photos to the lab. that is the beauty of digital photography.

I have an A75 which has similar OS. You can print the date to the printer. Under the print section of the manual, there is a "setting the Print Style" subsection. You can include the date in the printout.

Hope that helps.

latmo said:
once you edit ...... well you can still save it to your cf card of cos
but can the camera read the picture is a question

after u edit, the camera will not able to read the pic, as they will prompt u 'incorrect jpeg format' sth like that...
but u got no problem reading from the CF card thru' PC.

QUOTE=amlim]
thanks for the clarification. that means best to save on cd-r / cd-rw for bringing to photolab for printing? thanks. [/QUOTE]

correct, if u give them ur CF card, that's mean u can't take any pic unless u got a 2nd CF.

But for Canon A80 come with a Free 32 MB.
Can use this to bring it to the photolab for printing.
At least, if this got lost or whatever, u dont feel the pain.

But if u want to print alot of pic, then cut a cd-r.

Thanks to all who have kindly addressed my worries about the date printing. Cheers !!!! :cheers: :vhappy: :thumbsup: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.