Canon A40 versus Canon Ixus 330 What is the Diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwang

Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
Seems to me that the only diff is the look and size of camera, functionality the same? am i correct?

of course, the Ixus cost a lot more :)

Any one know any other differences?

Ixus 330 uses proprietary litium batteries and cannot attached lenses/filters.

Originally posted by copland
cannot attached lenses/filters.

If you plan to play with macro, this would definitely strike 330 off the list.

330 manual setting is the same with A40 rite? not too sure bout that..

but 330 got a metal body.. smaller too.. but if I going to buy just 1 camera I would probably get A40, becos can add lens..

pardon me, but what's a macro, and what's it for?

Originally posted by ruud
pardon me, but what's a macro, and what's it for?

Macro enable u to see through cloths and can see what color of undies people wear :)

no lar.. it means able to shoot closeup to the subject.. like those flowers and water drops u see in this forum

Originally posted by copland
Ixus 330 uses proprietary litium batteries and cannot attached lenses/filters.

thaks, for the above factors, i would conclude that a40 is more for semi-pro, and ixus is more a sleek looking P&S :)

Originally posted by TsQ

Macro enable u to see through cloths and can see what color of undies people wear :)

no lar.. it means able to shoot closeup to the subject.. like those flowers and water drops u see in this forum

for a moment, wow :D

is the reason why ixus 330 can't shoot closeup on the subject is that it cannot attached lenses/filters?

Originally posted by ruud

for a moment, wow :D

is the reason why ixus 330 can't shoot closeup on the subject is that it cannot attached lenses/filters?

It does have a "Macro" mode but its not really macro. More like close up. Based on www.imaging-resource.com's review, the smallest area it can take in a frame is abt 15.8cm x 11.8cm. Now that is really quite limited. It is unable to even cover a dollar note in full frame! So you can basically forget abt taking pictures of small flowers and insects. While A40 shares the same limitation, it allows the addition of close up filter to make up for it. With 330, that IS it. ;)

Check out this thread to see the effects of a +4 closeup filter.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5393

Status
Not open for further replies.