Canon A40 user pls come in

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoVaMaster

Aug 5, 2002
yishun
Visit site
want to know wat is the best setting for taking night shots with moving object like cars etc etc.........wats the setting for shuttle speed n exposure compensation etc etc......

how about mirco shots.........taking object like fish without flash into door......

thanks in advance ;)

Hmm... night shot with moving objects is very difficult, if not impossible. The moving objects will be just a blur due to the long exposure time.

Typically on the A40, you can do a night shot with a exposure time of 2 to 4 secs with an aperture of f.2.8.

You may try faster shutter speeds (eg. 1/2 sec or 1/4 sec) with a higher ISO and more exposure compensation. But normally higher ISO means grainy and noisy pictures.

For taking pictures of fishes in a fish tank, you can try macro mode. If possible, take the picture without using the flash.

Have fun!

:cool:
<< former canon a40 user >>

Originally posted by dbchoong
Hmm... night shot with moving objects is very difficult, if not impossible. The moving objects will be just a blur due to the long exposure time.

Typically on the A40, you can do a night shot with a exposure time of 2 to 4 secs with an aperture of f.2.8.

You may try faster shutter speeds (eg. 1/2 sec or 1/4 sec) with a higher ISO and more exposure compensation. But normally higher ISO means grainy and noisy pictures.

For taking pictures of fishes in a fish tank, you can try macro mode. If possible, take the picture without using the flash.

Have fun!

:cool:
<< former canon a40 user >>

finally got pple reply to this thread :bsmilie:

yeah........i think my shot are improving day day......thanks for the advise.......cheers~ :D :p

To add my own tips.

If you really want to do things with the dark n hand held with the A40, ensure that you have a min shutter rate of 1/30, and set to f2.8. If ISO 50 does not produce a result thats bright enough, push it to ISO 100 and so on so till you hit ISO 400.

However, ISO 400 would produce picture quality so bad it rivials webcam quality.

For taking fishes... Make sure you have as much light on as possible, so as to avoid using the flash (which usually get bounce off the glass wall of the tank), and benifit from usage of lower ISO for higher quality picture.

Originally posted by misato
To add my own tips.

If you really want to do things with the dark n hand held with the A40, ensure that you have a min shutter rate of 1/30, and set to f2.8. If ISO 50 does not produce a result thats bright enough, push it to ISO 100 and so on so till you hit ISO 400.

However, ISO 400 would produce picture quality so bad it rivials webcam quality.

For taking fishes... Make sure you have as much light on as possible, so as to avoid using the flash (which usually get bounce off the glass wall of the tank), and benifit from usage of lower ISO for higher quality picture.

thanks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.