Canon A40 arrives at Cathay Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jango

Apr 2, 2002
www.pbase.com
Went to CP at PP last night and saw the A40. Played awhile with it. General impression was light, tiny LCD, fast response, bright pics.

Those interested can go down and give it a test drive. ;)

Originally posted by Jango
Went to CP at PP last night and saw the A40. Played awhile with it. General impression was light, tiny LCD, fast response, bright pics.

Those interested can go down and give it a test drive. ;)

out oredi?? and they told mi may!!! biangz... aniwaez, how much are they selling it for??

Wasn't really intended on buying so didn't ask :p Send them an equote lor.

Macro not very good. Even at full wide, focus distance is far. Will need to buy close up filter to get any decent size macros.

saw it at AP today too, last piece snapped up by a Malay guy. Didn't ask about the price too.

bwahahaz... bought the A40 at CP todae... am i the 1st person here to get it? hiakz... aniwaez, it's $580 fer the camera...
my bill came up to be $700.... here's the breakdown...

Canon A40 - $580
64MB CF - $65
Olympus Tripod - $35
Soft Case - $20
-----------------------------
Total - $700

okok... i noe it's not the best price tt i can get... din try bargaining oso... believe it's an ok price oredi larz... and i'm not the kind who'ld like ta waste the time and effort juz to save a few bucks... heez... :D

aniwaez, juz one observation abt the camera so far... the viewfinder is reelli tight... and onli takes around 80% of the actual picture...

will try to post some pics once i've figured out everythng... juz to bad i dun haf too much time on my hands rite now... heez.. juz got my new NS posting todae... heez... (look left to find out where'll i'll be... kekez...)

anione interested in finding out more abt the cam, feel free ta drop mi a msg yarz? :D

$580 for a 2.1 MP Canon, sounds like a good deal! Hope to see your pics soon!:)

wow $580 is quite value for money since the a40 has manual controls and ability to take night shots

that's really cheap, weeguy show us some nite shots :) i may be getting it soon :) :)

test_nite_2.jpg

Shooting Mode
Manual
Color Effect Mode
Off
Tv( Shutter Speed )
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative
ISO Speed
Lens
5.4 - 16.2mm
Focal Length
5.4mm
Digital Zoom
None

hahaz.. my 1st try at a nite shot... dun reelli noe wat settings to use... hmmz.. so maybe u guys wld like to help.... :D

looks really really good for a budget camera :) :) :) 10 marks for it

weeguy u happen to stay at Jurong west extension? :confused:

Anyway.... may be rethinking to buy Ixus V after this camera is available... firstly its really cheap and 2ndly, its really good. Lastly, someone has mentioned here its 10 marks.... hmm...

Originally posted by woonbock
weeguy u happen to stay at Jurong west extension? :confused:

Anyway.... may be rethinking to buy Ixus V after this camera is available... firstly its really cheap and 2ndly, its really good. Lastly, someone has mentioned here its 10 marks.... hmm...

hahaz... yes, i live in jurong west extension....

as fer ur choice of cameras... sorry i dunno much abt the Ixus V but if u're looking fer a ultra compact camera, maybe the IXus V would be a better choice... hahaz... if not, the A40 is reelli value fer money... :bsmilie:

Originally posted by weeguy

hahaz... yes, i live in jurong west extension....

as fer ur choice of cameras... sorry i dunno much abt the Ixus V but if u're looking fer a ultra compact camera, maybe the IXus V would be a better choice... hahaz... if not, the A40 is reelli value fer money... :bsmilie:

cool dude i stay ard here as well, st 91 :)

can see u r damn happy.... is this yr first digital cam?

i dun understand 1 thing, this is such a new camera but why is it damn cheap? its stats are comparable with c2040 plus nite shot damn good... this is a hint tat out and coming new cameras from Canon will be cheap as well, as i have got news from overseas review sites tat s330 is US$400 dolars cheaper den its s300 as well... its very mysterious indeed....

hahaz.. well... 1st digicam... sort of larz... unless if u wanna consider the logitech camera tt came wif a scv maxonline subscription... hahaz... :D

well... wateva it is, getting cheaper can onli benefit consumers... no complains from mi.. hahaz..

is it true that manual aperture setting only allows aperture, f/2.8 and f/8.0, not any stops in between?

Isn't Canon giving free 64MB CF previously, so this A40 doesn't comes with it?

the Canon S40 suffer from focus problem when in the dark with a object in front and some night lights behind. The person turn out to be out of focus.

Not sure A40 got this problem, do try and let us know can??

Originally posted by woonbock

i dun understand 1 thing, this is such a new camera but why is it damn cheap? its stats are comparable with c2040 plus nite shot damn good... ..

only drawback is that there is no shutter priority or aperture priority. only manual

Originally posted by fcpga
is it true that manual aperture setting only allows aperture, f/2.8 and f/8.0, not any stops in between?

Isn't Canon giving free 64MB CF previously, so this A40 doesn't comes with it?

ok... try to answer ur queries... aniwaez, this is taken from the user guide...

at any given zoom setting, only two aperture settings, from F2.8 to F14, are available.
available aperture settings depend on the zoom settings

and the free 64mb CF doesn't come wif A series digital cameras, if i'm not wrong.. but i might still try my luck later todae... hahaz..

i mean in manual mode, there is only 2 aperture settings available?

good luck to claiming your CF

Status
Not open for further replies.